Baltimore Naturalization timeline and interview experience

Maryland Citizen

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,
I had the interview on June 18th 2002, and was approved for same day oath. Here is my timeline:
Received date 07/09/01
Priority date: 07/09/01
FP Date: 02/22/02
Interview/Oath date: 06/18/02

So the whole process took 11 months. In my wife\'s case, who had her oath last month, the process took only 9 months.

The interview experience was very pleasant. There was a backlog for interviews on that day, and although I arrived an hour early, my turn did not arrive until an hour later than scheduled. The INS officer took me to his office, apologized for the delay and went through his checklist. The only thing he asked from me was my driver\'s license, greencard, and passports covering the previous 5 years. He asked me if I had travelled abroad during the time since I applied. I replied that I had and he marked the dates on my application. He was very friendly and while stamping \'approved\' on the file, remarked \'I wish all my cases were as simple as yours\'.
That is it, I was out in less than 10 minutes. By the way, mine was employment based immigration. He did not question any of my employment history (or the fact that I had left sponsor\'s job soon after getting the greencard), neither did he ask for any tax returns/paystubs etc.
The oath was scheduled the same day at 3pm, and we were handed over the Naturalization Certificates on our way out of the ceremony.

Good luck to you all. God bless America.

Maryland (New) Citizen !

Congrats

Congratulations.

In your interview letter did they say, they will do both the interview AND the oath on the same day?

Or did they inform you of the oath on the day of the interview.

In any case your experience confirms that there is NO - IBIS check on naturalization process - AFTER the interview and before the oath.

Do not know why Atlanta alone states that, they have to check.

Appreciate your input.

d sm

No mention of same day oath in the interview letter

Thanks.

The interview letter did not mention same day oath. By the way, in Maryland we had our history and language test done on the day of the finger printing appointment.

Baltimore does not seem to have any additional checks/steps like IBIS etc. I hope this helps.

Regards

Maryland Citizen

Congratulation!

My hearty congratulations to you and your wife on getting your citizenship.

You have posted your application and processing dates, do you mind posting dates of your wife's application processing. Was your wife's interview and oath happened on same date? Is it common in Baltimore to have interview and oath same date?

My priority date is 26th April, 2002. When can I expect my FP? Do you have any idea?

I greatly appreciate your response and Thanking in advance.