note posted by you in one of the threads

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Interview Letter.
2. Green Card.
3. Drivers License/State ID.
4. SS Card.
5. Marriage Certificate.
6. 2 Photos.
7. Any other document mentioned in your Interview Letter.
8. All your Passports including expired ones.
9. Your Birth Certificate and your chidlrens Birth certificate.

Some also take:

1. Tax Returns.
2. Selective Service Letter (For males only).

Misc Documents:
1. If you have been married before then take your original Divorce Decree.
2. If you have been arrested then court documents.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have questions regarding the Tax Returns and the Selective Service
Letter.

- For the interview, the copies of only Federal Tax return should be
taken or both Federal and state.

- Also, I didn't have green card between the ages 18 and 26. so, I am not
eligable for Selective Service. Do I need to take any Selective Service
Letter for the interview?
Generally the Federal Tax returns is all that is needed.

If you want to play it safe then take your copies of your state tax returns.

As far as Selective Service letter many people (including me), got a "Status Information Letter" from the Selective Service System which states that I did not need to register. Go to the following web site for information regarding this: http://www.sss.gov/instructions.html

They say it can take upto 5 weeks to get this letter. I received mine in 2 -3 weeks.

Thanks N400Applier for the reply. I will fill out Status Letter Request form and will mail to selective service office tomorrow. Also, I will request for the copy of my tax records for both federal and state.

Here is an update on my timeline:

9/18/2006 - Mailed N-400 application, checks, etc to VSC
9/21/2006 - application delivered (based on USPS tracking)
9/21/2006 - Priority Date
9/21/2006 - Case Status updated
9/29/2006 - Case Status last updated
9/30/2006 - Received I-797C, Notice of Action receipt notice
10/5/2006 - Received Fingerprint notice
10/12/2006 - FP done at Glenmont ASC (appt time 1 pm). Test not available
online status dissappears ???? as of 5/1/2007 case status has not dissappeared and says it was last updated Sept 29th
Received IL 1/22/2007
ID 3/12/2007 1 pm
Oath letter received 3/14/2007
Oath Date 3/30/2007 9 am (approx 9:45 am I became a US citizen)
passport application submitted 3/31/2007
Voter registration mailed 3/31/2007
voterID received 4/21/2007
passport check cashed 4/26/2007
passport trackable online 5/1/2007
passport received ???

Last edited by a moderator:
I called USCIS customer service today. I explained her my situation that I had my interview on 01/18, and nothing received after that. She opened a service request and she said if I don't receive anything in 45 days, to contact them again. Gave me a reference # also.

What does it mean???

PD 09/06
FP 09/21
ID 01/18

I called USCIS customer service today. I explained her my situation that I had my interview on 01/18, and nothing received after that. She opened a service request and she said if I don't receive anything in 45 days, to contact them again. Gave me a reference # also.

What does it mean???

PD 09/06
FP 09/21
ID 01/18
gg11,

You can wait for 45 days. Then do the following:

1. Call them and ask them about the status of your case.
2. Schedule an InfoPass and find out what is happening.
3. Depending on the replies you get contact your Congressman/Senator.

Thanks gg11,

I have the letter. But I am curious to know if I can get it done before the appointment date. Also, Is there a way for me to know if they are giving the test on a given date?

I read in this thread that someone gave finger prints before the appointment date.
It all depends on your luck. When we went for our finger prints the computers were down, so we could not do the test. I don't think taking test on the FP day changes any thing at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
USCIS sent me a letter to my service request. The letter states that we are actively processing this case, however, we have to perform additional review on this case and this caused a longer processing time. if you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call national customer service.

I guess this is the standard format they use for every request.

Any recent Interview experiences at Baltimore?

Hi,

Has anybody had their citizenship interview done recently at Baltimore? In the last 2 months?

Please post your experience.

Thanks

USCIS sent me a letter to my service request. The letter states that we are actively processing this case, however, we have to perform additional review on this case and this caused a longer processing time. if you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call national customer service.

I guess this is the standard format they use for every request.
It is truly sad that you are being made to wait like this.

Talk to your Congressman/Senator.

Called Congressman's office

Called Congressman's office. One of his staff who takes care of Immigration and Naturalization issues took my A#, receipt #, contact phone # and said she will get back to me in a day or two.

Let's see how this will work out.

Interview on Monday May 14

Hi,

Has anybody had their citizenship interview done recently at Baltimore? In the last 2 months?

Please post your experience.

Thanks

I too will be interested in hearing some interview experiences at Baltimore. I have an interview Monday May 14, 2007

Please share your experience including places to park, eat... and if you took the oath same day?

2. I am told that I should not take kids along with me. Is that correct?

I took both my kids during FP and Interview. During interview, my wife was called first. In less than 5 minutes another IO came out to call my name for interview. When I told the IO that my wife just went in for the interview. She said no problem, bring the kids along. Spoke nicely with my kids, gave them paper/pen for drawing, etc. and then started my interview.

Don't worry about taking kids.

I took both my kids during FP and Interview. During interview, my wife was called first. In less than 5 minutes another IO came out to call my name for interview. When I told the IO that my wife just went in for the interview. She said no problem, bring the kids along. Spoke nicely with my kids, gave them paper/pen for drawing, etc. and then started my interview.

Don't worry about taking kids.
Can you post your Interview experience.

Thanks.

Called Congressman's office. One of his staff who takes care of Immigration and Naturalization issues took my A#, receipt #, contact phone # and said she will get back to me in a day or two.

Let's see how this will work out.
GG11,

Can you please post the congressman's phone no?

Thanks

Charles street directions

I have FP coming up at 100 S.Charles street. Could someone provide directions. Is there parking nearby? How is the traffic in the morning?