Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Called USCIS

Priority date : Nov 13, 2006
Vermont Service Ctr.
District Office: Baltimore

After waiting for nearly four months I finally called USCIS customer services number.
She said application is being processed. I asked her if USCIS is waiting for "Name Check" from FBI..She said there are no suck remarks/comments.
Accodring to her everything is normal and it takes about seven months to process N-400 application.
If you don't hear from us in seven months, call us back and we will send a msg. to Vermont.

N400 Boston

I am just wondering if any one got any Interview letters at Baltimore???

I am puzzled why no one is posting anything on this thread

My priority date is Nov 13, 2006 and no interview letter yet.

Did any one on this board with Nov priority date got any Interview letter?
Well, my priority date is Nov. 22,2006. I applied at VSC. DO is Boston. Still nothing, but hoping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Case Disappeared from Web site

VSC / District Office Baltimore
Priority Date Nov 13, 2006

My case has disappeared from the web site. I hope that is the sign that is the sign that they have sent Interview letter. I will post when I get the IV letter.

I had my interview and civics test yesterday (3/12/07). It was un-eventful, except that I did not get to take the oath because there was no oath ceremony yesterday. The interview lasted about 5 - 10 mins. It consisted mostly of the interviewer asking me nearly all the questions on the N-400 form to verify that all the info I put was correct and had not changed since applying. The only documents I was asked for are GC, driver license and passport (I applied based on Marriage to USC for 3 years).

Hopefully the wait is not terribly long for the oath ceremony.

Here is an update on my timeline:

9/18/2006 - Mailed N-400 application, checks, etc to VSC
9/21/2006 - application delivered (based on USPS tracking)
9/21/2006 - Priority Date
9/21/2006 - Case Status last updated
9/29/2006 - Case Status online updated
9/30/2006 - Received I-797C, Notice of Action receipt notice
10/5/2006 - Received Fingerprint notice
10/12/2006 - FP done at Glenmont ASC (appt time 1 pm). Test not available
online status dissappears ???? as of 3/14/2007 case status still shows
Received IL 1/22/2007
ID 3/12/2007
Oath letter received ????
Oath Date ????

I received my interview letter today for a March 12 at 1 pm interview. I guess I won't get to take the oath on the same day.

Interestingly, my online case status has not dissappeared. It still says that the last update was made to it on 9/29/2006.

online status dissappears ???? as of 1/23/2007 case status still shows
Received IL 1/22/2007
ID 3/12/2007
Oath Date ????
Edit/Delete Message

Last edited by a moderator:
Il

VSC / District Office Baltimore
Priority Date Nov 13, 2006

My case has disappeared from the web site. I hope that is the sign that is the sign that they have sent Interview letter. I will post when I get the IV letter.

Marylander99,
I think your IL is on its way. I do hope it is. Let us know when it gets to your mailbox.
Good luck.

Here is another update to my timeline. I had my interview at 1 pm on Monday (3/12/2007). At the end of the interview I got a paper saying that a decision could not be made at this time but I would be notified by mail of the decision. The interviewer said he just wanted to review it later to make sure everything was in order. In any event, there was no oat ceremony on Monday. Anyway, 2 days later, Wednesday (3/14/2007) I recieved the oath letter in the mail. It was postmarked the previous day. The oath date is Friday 3/30/2007 at 9 am.

9/21/2006 - Case Status updated
9/29/2006 - Case Status last updated
online status dissappears ???? as of 3/15/2007 case status still shows
Received IL 1/22/2007
ID 3/12/2007 1 pm
Oath letter received 3/14/2007
Oath Date 3/30/2007 9 am
passport application submitted ???
passport received ???

I had my interview and civics test yesterday (3/12/07). It was un-eventful, except that I did not get to take the oath because there was no oath ceremony yesterday. The interview lasted about 5 - 10 mins. It consisted mostly of the interviewer asking me nearly all the questions on the N-400 form to verify that all the info I put was correct and had not changed since applying. The only documents I was asked for are GC, driver license and passport (I applied based on Marriage to USC for 3 years).

Hopefully the wait is not terribly long for the oath ceremony.

online status dissappears ???? as of 3/14/2007 case status still shows
Received IL 1/22/2007
ID 3/12/2007
Oath letter received ????
Oath Date ????

Here is another update to my timeline. I had my interview at 1 pm on Monday (3/12/2007). At the end of the interview I got a paper saying that a decision could not be made at this time but I would be notified by mail of the decision. The interviewer said he just wanted to review it later to make sure everything was in order. In any event, there was no oat ceremony on Monday. Anyway, 2 days later, Wednesday (3/14/2007) I recieved the oath letter in the mail. It was postmarked the previous day. The oath date is Friday 3/30/2007 at 9 am.

9/21/2006 - Case Status updated
9/29/2006 - Case Status last updated
online status dissappears ???? as of 3/15/2007 case status still shows
Received IL 1/22/2007
ID 3/12/2007 1 pm
Oath letter received 3/14/2007
Oath Date 3/30/2007 9 am
passport application submitted ???
passport received ???

Congratulations!!!:)

Inter view date help

My wife received her IL today with an ID of 5/8/07. We are scheduled to leave on a cruise with 10 members of our family on 5/7/07. We don’t know if we should ask to reschedule or loose the $1800 to cancel our trip. If anyone has any expierience with this please help.

My wife received her IL today with an ID of 5/8/07. We are scheduled to leave on a cruise with 10 members of our family on 5/7/07. We don’t know if we should ask to reschedule or loose the $1800 to cancel our trip. If anyone has any expierience with this please help.
Do NOT reschedule. It is worth losing $1800 because if you reschedule your next interview date may be 1 year in the future. Are you willing to wait that long?

I have received my Interview Letter today.

Details are:
Service Center: VSC
DO: Baltimore, MD
Priority Date: Nov 6, 2006
FP Done: Nov 30, 2006
IL received: March 16, 2007
ID: May 10, 2007

I also received a document check list (N-659) along with my IL.

Item # 8 on N-659 states: If you have ever been arrested or DETAINED by any law enforcement officer for any reason and no charges were file, bring:
- An official statement from the arresting agency or applicable court indicating that no charges were filed.

I got a ticket over 10 years ago which I paid. (Less than $100). I have all the info so what official statement are they referring to? I have the copy that I have paid. I was not arrested. But can I be considered detained? I am confused...

Received Interview Letter .

Details are

Service Center: VSC
DO: Baltimore, MD
Priority Date: Nov 21, 2006
FP Done: Dec 12, 2006
IL received: Mar 16, 2007
ID: May 22, 2007

I got a ticket over 10 years ago which I paid. (Less than $100). I have all the info so what official statement are they referring to? I have the copy that I have paid. I was not arrested. But can I be considered detained? I am confused...

No handcuffs? Not taken downtown? => Not detained

Since you have proof of paying the ticket, I think you're pretty much covered.

GOT IV letter

Looks like Baltimore DO is rolling...Got my interview letter on Friday.

Details are
Priority date: Nov 13, 2006
Interview Date: May 15, 2007

Wonderful news Marylander99,
I see that November application submissions are getting thier IIs in Baltimore. I hope that the same will be for Boston submissions.
Congrats.

Looks like Baltimore DO is rolling...Got my interview letter on Friday.

Details are
Priority date: Nov 13, 2006
Interview Date: May 15, 2007

Congrats Marylander99 ! No such luck here with Philly DO. Still waiting but hope to get some good news soon.

-KM

Congrats Marylander99 ! No such luck here with Philly DO. Still waiting but hope to get some good news soon.

-KM

Three users from Baltimore have reported they have received IV letters on Friday and their priority dates are almost 2 weeks apart.
It appears they send the letter in bulk for may be two week period.

Is there any movement at Philadelphia DO?

KM, Hope you get your IV letter soon also...

Confession

Dear freinds,

After receiving my IV letter I am lot more relaxed now than I was until last week.

I am just thinking about myself...

I have been visiting this web site almost every day to track the development at Baltimore DO. I must also confess I was checking my online status at USCIS web site alomost every day for last 40-50 days.

I was wondering to myself today (after receiving the IV letter) why was I so anxious to get the letter.

Becoming a Citizen is not going to change much in my life. I am not waiting to change my job as soon as I become citizen. I don't have to sponsor my spouse so she can join me here faster (e.g. sponsoring on GC takes forever). I am happily married. There is no immediate benefit to me for which I should be checking my status every day.

In spite of no clear immediate benefit I was still very anxious to get my letter and have my interview and get the Citizenship.

Am I alone in this situation or do I have some company in this club?

Marylander99,
You are not alone. I also think like you . But I think it is the hanging in limbo situation. The choice of staying a permanent resident is not appealing I think. And applying for citizenship is a sense of self accomplishment. This is how I am thinking, but then, the waiting and my being glued to this website and the USCIS website for the past 90 days from my fingerprinting is not a pleasant thing. Being "in the process..." is uncomfortable.
Do you have any idea about the Boston distirict office is moving or not?

Enjoy!

It is a milestone in your life in America.
Although it doesn't seem to have any immediate benefit to you, I am sure it does have some in the long run.
Enjoy it.

I am waiting for mine. Go! Baltimore Office!

Dear freinds,

After receiving my IV letter I am lot more relaxed now than I was until last week.

I am just thinking about myself...

I have been visiting this web site almost every day to track the development at Baltimore DO. I must also confess I was checking my online status at USCIS web site alomost every day for last 40-50 days.

I was wondering to myself today (after receiving the IV letter) why was I so anxious to get the letter.

Becoming a Citizen is not going to change much in my life. I am not waiting to change my job as soon as I become citizen. I don't have to sponsor my spouse so she can join me here faster (e.g. sponsoring on GC takes forever). I am happily married. There is no immediate benefit to me for which I should be checking my status every day.

In spite of no clear immediate benefit I was still very anxious to get my letter and have my interview and get the Citizenship.

Am I alone in this situation or do I have some company in this club?