Baltimore interview - success

macika

Registered Users (C)
First of all, congratulations Greenhopeful! I am not sure whether I saw you this morning. I saw only one Indian couple but they had a lawyer and you said yours would not come.

The interview went like this: The officer was a very nice young lady. She called us ~15 minutes late. We went to her office, and took the oath. Then she took my fingerprints and we went through the I-485 data and questions. She did not ask for any documents (birth certificates etc.) until she got to the end of my file. Then she asked if I wanted to sumbit any additional documents. I asked her what she needed. She said emplyment letters and W-2. I gave her the employment letters and also dag out a copy of the W-2, but then we got disctructed somehow so eventually did not give the W-2 to her, but it did not seem to matter. She said my file was OK, and that she would request the visa numbers for the whole family (me, my wife and 2 kids) at once. Then she took my wife\'s fingerprints and went through her file. There we found a clerical error that the lawyer had made, and she corrected it and got my wife initial it. Afterwards she checked my kids\' files. When she got to my 12-year-old daughter\'s file, she found some problem with the medical records but then she realized the my daugther\'s and my son\'s records were mixed up. But she asked somebody whether my son\'s medical record way OK that way and fortunately it was (big relief). In the end she asked for EAD\'s and Advance Parole\'s and told us to wait until she got the visa numbers from DOS. We went to the waiting room and waited for ~ 45 minutes. Then she came and gave us our passports with the stamps in them.

Overall, although initially I was quite nervous, it was a pleasant exerience. I think if everything is OK with your files and have whatever is on the checklist, there is nothing to worry about. The more difficult part of this process is to wait for your turn.

My details are: EB1/EA, country other, I485 RD 09/00 ND 10/00

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Your day will come soon.

macika

No Title

HI Macika,
   I dont think I saw you. I was called for the interview at exactly the scheduled time, so fortunately did not have to wait long. Like you said if all paper work is in order seems like a routine process - hard to say with INS though.
  Did she return your I-94? My officer kept our I-94 with her.

GreenHopeful

No Title

Thanks you guys and all the best for those who are still waiting.

The officer did not ask for the photos. And she did not return the I-94\'s, but I made copies of them before the interview in case I need them later (citizenship?). I forgot to mention yesterday that I also gave her the last three paytubs.

After the interview I went to the Social Security office to request SSN\'s for my kids. But the officer told me to wait for 5-6 months (!?) because it will take INS this long to put the info in their system. Is it true that we have to wait this long?

macika

No Title

Hi Macika,
  It should not take that long. For my wife we were told that she will receive the SSN within a month. Hope that helps.

GreenHopeful

No Title

greenhopeful,

Please privide some info where you filed the application and what was needed. The officer in the branch I visited was not even willing to take the applications. I knew he was wrong but there was nothing I could do.

Thanks.

macika

No Title

Hi Macika,
  I filed for this in the Local office (it is near Rockville) actually off xit 4B 270. I will post the details of the office sometime monday.

GreenHopeful