BAD news guys...1932 is almost dead..

MinOct03 said:
Once you have a GC you can take up any job. Then your LC Job description does not matter.

Yes this is correct -- but 'armie' said earlier that -- when my friend who has applied for GC from India -- when he gets his GC will have to work in the LC job category.

looks strange naaaa..

If U are applying for GC from Abroad -- do any job till U get GC -- its OK.
But if U are in US -- Do job that is mentioned in Ur GC-LC till U get GC .

After GC -- both guys are free to do whatever job they want ...

We need immigration reforms ... I know we will never get it ... Just hoping and keeping fingures crossed.....

eBhola said:
All three are wrong statements.
This discussion is about using EAD/AC21 to work in a job category different from the LC - to work in a job category different from the LC - per AC21, doing so will disqualify from GC approval. Technically, when you are awaiting GC, you can work for a different employer on H1 in any job related or unrelated to the LC, provided the 'future job' with the sponsor exists as described in LC. However it is harder to convince CIS about the authenticity of 'future job' if you are working for a different employer currently.
After GC approval, you are expected to work in the job as described in the LC. But CIS does not monitor what you do after GC approval, so people get away with changing jobs after GC approval.

eBhola said:
We need immigration reforms ... I know we will never get it ... Just hoping and keeping fingures crossed.....
You are correct on this one. The whole employment-based GC process is a sham and has been exploited by employers and applicants alike.

Last edited by a moderator:
since 1932 is dead...is there any other bills in pipeline which might help eliminating retrogression? So we all can start working on pushing for that bill to pass. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
eBhola & Nadi,

You guys are right in that until you get your GC, with your EAD you can do anything, AS LONG AS you immediately start working for your GC sponsor at a position as specified in your LC! Otherwise, your GC is not bona fide and considered fraudulent. There have been reported cases of GC revocation based on this reason, both on this site and from other anecdotal sources (at my previous company).

In reality, it's almost never realistic that a person who changed his job will go back to his GC sponsor and work at his previous position. USCIS is not stupid and they will sniff around when they smell anything funny. Although they are not very much efficient in approving cases they are extremely expedient in dispensing revocations & denials.

So guys, if you do change your job, read the law, USCIS memos, consult with a lawyer and get your rear end covered.

Also, I guess we all agree that the immigration law of the land is un-reasonable in that the GC applicant is stuck in his career path for indefinite length of time which at present can well be eternity. However, that is the LAW. You can hope the LAW can be changed through legislative avenue but until that happens, going against it is still illegal.

All in all, good luck to all you guys, especially those people hit by the retrogression tsunami, myself included. Let's keep the faith in the house & senate & immigration system, and ultimately the good will, moral standard, and sensibility of the people we all are trying to join.

Happy holidays & have a fulfilling & prosperous 2006!

eBhola said:
looks strange naaaa..