Baby\'s health Insurance

bagchi Moloy

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I have a question about my baby\'s health care/health insurance plan who was born in U.S.A last month. We are Canadian PR (now on RRP until Jan 31 2002) working in California. We will be moving back to Canada permanently in January next year. As at that time my son will not be a PR (at the time of entry till he gets his PR card), My question is:

1) How I am going to get his health coverage as he, most likely, will not be eligible for OHIP (I am going to Toronto) or any insurance plan from Government of Canada?

2) As my wife and me will get the OHIP, can he be included as minor under my wife or me?

3) Is there any outside Health care company I have to take insurance from, and if it is who are they, and how can I contact them, and how much does it cost?

I will really appreciate you feed back in this matter as my baby is going to be only 6 month old and he will need shots and other care at that period of time.

Thanks again
Moloy

Hello all,

I have a question about my baby\'s health care/health insurance plan who was born in U.S.A last month. We are Canadian PR (now on RRP until Jan 31 2002) working in California. We will be moving back to Canada permanently in January next year. As at that time my son will not be a PR (at the time of entry till he gets his PR card), My question is:

1) How I am going to get his health coverage as he, most likely, will not be eligible for OHIP (I am going to Toronto) or any insurance plan from Government of Canada?

2) As my wife and me will get the OHIP, can he be included as minor under my wife or me?

3) Is there any outside Health care company I have to take insurance from, and if it is who are they, and how can I contact them, and how much does it cost?

I will really appreciate you feed back in this matter as my baby is going to be only 6 month old and he will need shots and other care at that period of time.

Thanks again
Moloy

Baby\'s health Insurance
Hello all,

Bagchi Moloy:

Are you able to get Health insurance to your baby in Canada? Please let me know which insurance company is good. Also let me know how much you are paying for your baby's health insurance. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Doll and Bagchi,

I have purchased visitors insurance from a broker names "Ray Battison" for my in-laws and my mom previously. I think his rates are reasonable. I have provided this web site link below. I am not sure as to how the coverage will work. Call him and see what's covered and what's not!! Let me know what he had to say.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ray.battiston/