Baby is due in November--Please advise

smsr

Hi all,

I have applied for Canadian immigration in Oct 2001 from US and
got landing papers for my wife and me in June 2004. I have to
land in Canada by Jan 2005. We are planning to move Canada in
Jan 2005. Now my wife is pregnant and she is due in Nov 2004.
In landing papers, it was written that I must inform to the concern
authorities before our departure, if there is any births in the family.
My questions is

1. If I inform them before our departure, how many days before I have
to inform them before our departure?
2. If I inform them about the kid, what is next? Do they ask me to submit
my kid medicals also?
3. Our Canadian visa will expire in Jan 2005. If the whole process of my kid won’t
complete by Jan 2005, do I need to restart the whole process (for my wife and me) from the beginning?

Please help. Please advise me. :confused:

Thanks in advance.

---SMSR :)

Why jeopardize and / or delay your becoming a PR after such a long and tidious wait? Wouldn't it be easier to just move to Canada BEFORE your wife delivers and have a new Canadian child and all the problems taken care of before they arise?

You need to inform CIC ASAP abt ur wife's pregnancy. They will advise you what to do. Otherwise it would be withholding information knowingly.

unitednations said:
Whatever you do, have the kid born here in the States. At least he/she will have citizenship in the USA and immigration to Canada.

Also, some other things to consider is the health card. I don't know if you have gotten it or not. Usually there is a three month wait for health benefits once you move to Canada.

Sorry, I can't answer your other questions. I felt I had to reply to 462806.

You really think being a US citizen is SOO MUCH better than a Canadian? I would feel very comfortable about my children's future if they are born in Canada.

I went through same process in my case. I informed Canadian folks(buffalo), and they sent an application. Just fill it along 60 dollars(100 canadian) once baby is born. Immidately get birth certificate, and passport. Thats it. You can make it before deadline. People in Buffalo are very amiable and very human.
Regards,
Wall

Thank you for your Response

Hi all,

462806,mayankdave,wallst wizz,united nations

Thank you very much for your response and for your
advises.

Wallst gave me appropriate information and I decided to inform them (Buffalo)
about my kid once he born.

Thank you again

mayankdave said:
Actually you need to inform CIC Buffalo about your wife's pregnancy also.

Mayank

NOPE, I did not and everything was fine. After baby was born we sent documents in and got a medical form in 6 weeks. They don't care if your wife is pregnant - why would they? - they care about CHANGES in family structure so: day #1 that the baby is born.

P TX,

I don't remember the exact number, but it is the main applicant form - actually 2nd page of this form on which you add family members. There are three additional columns for members - I filled one with my baby's info (name, dob, passport #, heigth, etc.). Then copy of passport, birth cerfiticate, photos and payment. Got receipt for payment and med forms 6 weeks after sending that data. Oh, I also sent cover letter saying my baby was born and I wish to add him to application.

Hi Wallst_wizz and 462806,
I got a letter from Buffalo asking about some additional documents about my son, who was born in Feb 2004. In the letter, there is a section of "birth of child". Under that section, there are several situations. Two of them are:

A. if the child was born outside of Canada, you must submit the following documents:
1.copy of birth certificate
2.copy of child's passport
3.4 photos
4. IMM 008 generic form--only page 2 need
5. the processing fee of US$100

B. if the child is member of the Family Class born outside of Canada, the sponsor must
1.apply to CPC Mississauga to add the child to the sponsorship
2.submit the fee for the child to CPC Mississauga ( do not send fee to us)
3.submit to us all documents listed above for a child born outside Canada

I think I should go with the situation A. But in the letter, situation B was marked by the officer. Then I did some research about CPC-Mississauga. The CPC-M is for Family Class application, and only Canadian Citizens or permanent residents can sponsor their Family Class. but I am still an applicant. So I am totally confused. My question is:

1. did you get the same letter in your case?
2.which situation was marked in your letter?
3. what did you do actually?

I would really appreaciate if you could give me some of your experience/advice.

Thanks in advance,

smsr said:
Hi all,

I have applied for Canadian immigration in Oct 2001 from US and
got landing papers for my wife and me in June 2004. I have to
land in Canada by Jan 2005. We are planning to move Canada in
Jan 2005. Now my wife is pregnant and she is due in Nov 2004.
In landing papers, it was written that I must inform to the concern
authorities before our departure, if there is any births in the family.
---SMSR :)

Yes, you have to report the change. here is the link from the official Buffalo site:
http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am...501&typ=1#MAKING A CHANGE TO YOUR APPLICATION

click on the link "after the immigrant visa is issued" and take a look at the 2nd question "I didn't have any children when I applied for immigration but my wife has given birth to our daughter..."

You have to report after the birth of you child. I think you can contact Buffalo now and ask what you can do. I think you may have time to complete it, otherwise you may get a new landing visa ( it is just my thinking. )

Thank you googler

Thank you googler

You gave me appropriate information and appropriate link.

Thank you very much. My question is can I complete the whole process
within my dead line. I will have hardly 2 months after my baby is born.
Within 2 months I have to take Birth certificate, Passport for my baby and I have to send them to Buffalo. They have to send me again medicals and I have to send it to them back. After that they will ask for passport.Can this whole process will be complete within 2 months.

I would really appreaciate if you could give me some of your experience or advice.

Thanks in advance

smsr said:
Thank you googler

You gave me appropriate information and appropriate link.

Thank you very much. My question is can I complete the whole process
within my dead line. I will have hardly 2 months after my baby is born.
Within 2 months I have to take Birth certificate, Passport for my baby and I have to send them to Buffalo. They have to send me again medicals and I have to send it to them back. After that they will ask for passport.Can this whole process will be complete within 2 months.

I would really appreaciate if you could give me some of your experience or advice.

Thanks in advance

There are A LOT things you need to handle after your baby is born, needless to say you have to spend almost ALL of your time to take care of your newborn. For the immigration application to Canada, you need to prepare the following things for your baby: (as I listed in my previous post, I will give you the fastest timeline I know)
1.birth certificate ( 3 business days. This is the first thing you need to do. You need it to apply for your baby's passport )
2.passport ( 2 weeks based on Expedited Service ), please go to http://travel.state.gov/passport/get_first_apply.html for details.
3. your baby's photos( it is very difficult to take a qualified passport photo for a newborn.)
4.processing fee

After you have all of these things, you need to send them to Buffallo. ( i am currently in this process now) As somebody mentioned here, you will get the medical form in about 6 weeks. So it is pretty much 2 months time after you get the medical form.

I think you do not have enough time to complete the process before your current deadline. My suggestion is:
1. if possible, go for the landing before the baby is born. If you want your baby born in US, try to come back after the landing
2.contact Buffalo right now to see what they can do to speed up your baby's application. I believe this kind of thing happens all the time and they must have some ways to deal with it.

This is only my thoughts.

Baby born in US

I am facing somewhat similar situation, so I'll appreciate any advice.

Suppose we landed while still pregnant and come back to US to give birth. The baby would become USC and would get US passport and all. Now, what would we have to do to make new born a Canadian resident once we are back to Canada?