B2 Visa Holder....Marriage Challanges

Fuhberry

Registered Users (C)
What are the challanges of marrying someone who`s on a Visitor`s visa? I am a PR and I know i can sponser her but i think the processing times will take ages to get thru with. I am not eligible to apply for Naturalization.. Is it advisable to let the Visa holder over stay and file after my USA process finishes.. or Have her return to Home country before she passes the date..??

Any ideas? Anyone in the same boat?

Please advise?

There is no guarantee that you will receive citizenship. Overstay is only forgiven if you are such - and she is subject to deportation and a ban while an overstay. She should return home; you can than marry and file as the spouse of a LPR.

As a person desiring to be a US citizen, you should obey ALL laws - not just those you happen to like. If you cannot do so, you need to rethink your plan to stay in the US. It is disgusting that even now you are planning to be a law breaker.

It is best that you send your spouse back to her home country, get married and then petition as the close relative of a LPR( that will be you). Overstaying her visa will surely mess your chances of bringing in her legally. She may be given a ban and face problems every time she applies for a visa. Even though this may take some time, this is strictly the safe and legal way.