1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

B2 Visa Expiring on Passport, Can i apply for extension

Discussion in 'Living in USA On B status and B extension of Stay ' started by deej, Apr 13, 2012.

  1. deej

    deej Registered Users (C)

    My mother's B2 visa in the passport will expire shortly.
    If she enters on this visa and stays for the time period specified on an approved I94.
    Can she apply for a further extension of stay even though the B2 visa on passport expired, while she stays in USA.
    Based on information I am aware, once a person enters USA, the status is dependent on I94 and visa in passport is needed only when entering USA.
    Can anyone please confirm if applying extension of stay is not dependent on B2 Visa expiration date on the passport.

  2. cafeconleche

    cafeconleche Registered Users (C)

    Yes she can. She only has to enter the US while the visa is valid.

Share This Page