B2 visa conversion to F-1

neftimov

Hello.
I have a B2 visa that expires June 15, 2011. However, I would like to change my status to F-1 and start studying the fall semester. Will there be an issue since my visa expires in June and I want to start at the end of August?

Are you in the US right now with a B-2 based I-94? If so, did you inform the officer at the POE that you intend to enroll at an educational institution?

I have a B2 visa that expires June 15, 2011. However, I would like to change my status to F-1 and start studying the fall semester. Will there be an issue since my visa expires in June and I want to start at the end of August?

Yes. I currently am in the U.S. with a B-2 Visa and have an I-94. I did not notify anyone at the POE of my intention of studying because I came here first with a J-1 visa. I then changed to B-2 and now want to enroll in a college here and change my status to F-1.

You have to take admission in one of the courses in any college/university and apply for conversion into F1 visa. On acceptance of your application by the Immigeration authorities you can stay in usa and but start your classes only on receipt of F1 approval