B2 Extension Denied - how many days grace period?

cscgc

Registered Users (C)
The visitor visa extn application for B2 has been rejected for my in-law. The Denial letter does not say anything about in how many more days(some people have clearly 30 days mentioned in it) she has to leave. The I-94 has already expired by a couple of days(when we received the denial notice). My questions

1) Do you know how many days grace period she has(we found out that the earliest available return flight is one week away).

2) Is the exit-registration at the US Visit booth at port-of-exit of some major US Airport mandatory? Because wont if flag the stay as overstay next time when she come in(even though she left in a reasonable amt of time)?

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
The alien must leave immediately.

It is already in their system as an overstay and the visa will very likely be canceled next time your in-law tries to enter the US.

If the visitor underwent Special Registration at the time of entry, then exit formalities have to be completed before departure. Else problems will be faced if the applicant ever decides to re-visit the US.

2) Is the exit-registration at the US Visit booth at port-of-exit of some major US Airport mandatory? Because wont if flag the stay as overstay next time when she come in(even though she left in a reasonable amt of time)?