B2 - demonstrating strong ties - common issue

est11

hi,

I am an Australian citizen and my boyfriend is Filipino citizen. We have both been working in Singapore as international teachers, at international schools. We have been in a relationship for 2 years. No connections or relatives in the USA.

My boyfriend and I have booked a trip to the USA for a total of 3 weeks over the christmas and new years period. All travel expenses and insurances have already been paid for and return flight back to Singapore ( where we are living as expats and currently reside).

I have an ESTA that expires in 2015. He has visited Australia and other parts of south east asia.

However, my boyfriend, last week, applied for a b1/b2 visa. He was then sectioned a 214b, providing that we gave all relevant documents such as, itinerary, bank statements 3 months and account more than 10k in there, letter from employer stating his return travel, etc. My work pass, my Australian passport bio print out and a photo of us, but I don’t think the consular bothered to look. It seemed untouched post I interview.

Anyway, he demonstrated he was well equipped for the trip, but not well equipped to prove his intent to not overstay in the USA. The consular said to come back when things have changed significantly and you can demonstrate stronger ties to Singapore (we are both 3rd party nationals now).

We have booked his appointment again in 2 weeks time for a B2. We made an error and applied for B1/B2, but its strictly tourism.

This interview will now be based solely on the strong ties aspect.

This is our last chance before we decide to give up on the USA this time and apply for a refund of our itinerary.

Here are the examples of strong ties we will consider for this appointment / please tell us whether it will hinder our approval:

his work contract which was just renewed and ends in 2 years
his work permit in singapore which was just renewed and ends in two years (he took this last time)
our rental contract
a letter from his immediate boss as well as the previous letter stating holiday leave and return datesx2 stapled together
our return flights again and all itinerary stapled together (as last time it was spread through a folder and looked untouched)
his return flight from Australia to singapore and various other destinations
a support letter from myself stating our return dates, employment ties to Singapore, my contract
a photo collage of us demonstrating our relationship for 2 years
I also have a canadian working visa, and ESTA and have travelled to the USA many times in the past and lived in Canada, so do you think I should attach this information as well to support his case?

Im just looking for as much help as I can since we dont own a house in Singapore, investments, car, or children.

What else can be considered as ties?
We will also be attaching a phone contract and mainly just a support letter from myself stating our intent etc.

Your help in this matter is much appreciated and blessed!

Est and cash.

Bottom line is, he is a citizen of a country with a very high rate of immigration fraud. Thus the consul, at his last interview, was not convinced that he would return from the US in a timely fashion. The evidence listed below should be adequate, but if the consul has already made up his mind, the result may be the same. Best of luck.

Here are the examples of strong ties we will consider for this appointment / please tell us whether it will hinder our approval:

his work contract which was just renewed and ends in 2 years
his work permit in singapore which was just renewed and ends in two years (he took this last time)
our rental contract
a letter from his immediate boss as well as the previous letter stating holiday leave and return datesx2 stapled together
our return flights again and all itinerary stapled together (as last time it was spread through a folder and looked untouched)
his return flight from Australia to singapore and various other destinations
a support letter from myself stating our return dates, employment ties to Singapore, my contract
a photo collage of us demonstrating our relationship for 2 years
I also have a canadian working visa, and ESTA and have travelled to the USA many times in the past and lived in Canada, so do you think I should attach this information as well to support his case?

Im just looking for as much help as I can since we dont own a house in Singapore, investments, car, or children.

What else can be considered as ties?
We will also be attaching a phone contract and mainly just a support letter from myself stating our intent etc.

I can't think of any more documentation you could show, really. Also, there's a chance the officer who denied your boyfriend a visa was having a bad day. So, it could be that another officer would have approved granted him a visa. I don't think the documentation proving your relationship will help, because you're BOTH going to the US and could potentially remain there together. Still, you can take everything with you. In the end, it all comes down to the person who gets to decide your boyfriend's case.

I don't want to sound like a wise-arse, but you two being well traveled, it surprises me that you booked your entire trip before thinking about the visa to one of the most anal and finicky countries on earth, of not THE most. I hope it's refundable, just in case.