1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

B-2 visa / I-94 no date, any similar cases?

Discussion in 'Entering USA on B Visas' started by KumaGuy, Feb 24, 2006.

1. KumaGuy

KumaGuy New Member

Folks:

Appreciate it very much if someone has similar experiences to share --

My parents came to US last month. They got a B-2 visa in December with one year validity (until Dec 2006). When they entered, the immigration officer didn't write down a date on their I-94s.
    On the I-94, there is a stamp saying "Class _____ // Until _____". After "Class", the officer did fill in "B2", but nothing after "Until".

Is this a mistake by the officer? What should we interpret their valid stay period?

Thanks for any comments.
  2. cherr1980

cherr1980 Registered Users (C)

It is good to check that out right away when they give you the I-94, one time the officer put me a past year! fortunately I checked that out and the guy realized that he didn't move the last digit of his marker, just imagine how many people got the wrong year.

There are numbers I think that you can call for ICE and I think they can help you out to know what is their maximum stay.
    You can check over here:
    http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ofo_contacts.xml
  3. bhakum

bhakum Registered Users (C)

No valid untill date stamped in I-94 at port of entry for B2 visa

Hi,

My mom came to USA few weeks ago and at port of entry, in I-94 they did not stamp any "valid untill" date. Does it mean she can stay upto 6 months ? Did you find out with your parents case who had the same issue?
    Pls share what you found out.

thanks
  4. cherr1980

cherr1980 Registered Users (C)

You must contact the cbp.gov asap.

Good luck,