• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August visa bulletin the final.

Does anybody know if the US States give any benefits to the new comers? For example, free housing or monetary assistance? I just hear from a winner of DV2014 whom will leave for USA next week that in embassy they gave to him a letter where was written that he will have free housing and assistance till he get a job.
I will appreciate your comments.

Ask him to show you the letter and post it here.

There are jobless Americans without homes and money. Why would they spend this enormous amount of money on foreigners instead of helping their own people?

Did you know the whole DV program is viewed with contempt by many/most americans? They don't care about diversity and see us as people coming to steal jobs. They don't want to spend money on you which is why the whole "Public Charge" discussion exists.

Hi Britsimon..it appears your predictions are good. My own case number tends to be alot higher..af001007**. When do u "predict I could become current? Thanx Britsimon, post: 298, member: 10"]I'd love to see your number go current in the next VB - but if not, it will be in September. Exciting![/QUOTE]

"Britsimon, post: 298, member: 10"]I'd love to see your number go current in the next VB - but if not, it will be in September. Exciting![/QUOTE]Hi Britsimon, my own case number is

Does anybody know if the US States give any benefits to the new comers? For example, free housing or monetary assistance? I just hear from a winner of DV2014 whom will leave for USA next week that in embassy they gave to him a letter where was written that he will have free housing and assistance till he get a job.
I will appreciate your comments.
34 IF I AM SUCCESSFUL IN OBTAINING A VISA THROUGH THE DV PROGRAM, WILL THE U.S.
GOVERNMENT ASSIST WITH MY AIRFARE TO THE UNITED STATES, PROVIDE ASSISTANCE TO
LOCATE HOUSING AND EMPLOYMENT, PROVIDE HEALTHCARE, OR PROVIDE ANY SUBSIDIES
UNTIL I AM FULLY SETTLED?
No, applicants who obtain a DV are not provided any type of assistance such as airfare, housing assistance,
or subsidies. If you are selected to apply for a DV, you will be required to provide evidence that you will not
become a public charge in the United States before being issued a visa. This evidence may be in the form of
a combination of your personal assets, an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) from a relative or friend residing in
the United States, and/or an offer of employment from an employer in the United States.
http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DV_2014_Instructions.pdf

Totally 510 with derivatives from Nepal.i got this information from facebook page.
They got this information by manually enter the CN in the ceac checking

Totally 510 with derivatives from Nepal.i got this information from facebook page.
They got this information by manually enter the CN in the ceac checking

I checked day before yesterday it still didn't have KDU yet. Maybe they update it today or yesterday. If so then Nepal should have 3400 selectees interviews scheduled up to July.

There is a change kayend its actually 525....so nepal should have around 3400 up to July.
So...what do think about next VB now?

I checked it now, its updated!
On face book the announced 510 beween 7425 to 8900 nepalese cases.
Which gives us 3385 including drv all in all for 10 months dv.