August 2009 N-400 filers

Got my Oath Letter today (N-445)
It was so fast, Thursday got my Interview passed, Saturday got letter in my PO Box. Interview scheduled on Friday, November 13. :confused:Friday 13th
Im freaking out)))):D

My interview experience today:

My appointment was at 9:30 AM. I was called around 10:00 AM. I was greeted by a soft-speaking lady. She was very serious with almost no facial expressions. She first asked me to stand up and raise my right hand and swear that I tell the truth. I did and sat down. Then, she started going over the yes/no questions. Then she asked for my green card and driver's license. Next, she asked me to sign the front of my photos (in the white background). Then, she asked if my name was correct and I answered yes. Then here comes the English test. I read one sentence "who lives in the white house" then was asked to write down "The president lives in the white house". Now it's the civics test. I was asked 6 questions which I answered all correctly. And here comes the unexpected. I had a traffic citation for speeding back in 2006. So my interviewer asks for a proof of payment which I didn't have of course. She jumps to the next unexpected quetion: Do you have a proof that you're supporting your children overseas? I said not at the moment but my wife and I have a joint account. So my wife has her own ATM card and she uses that to withdraw money overseas. finally, she told me that my application is approvable except that I have to provide proof of payment for that speeding ticket and a bank statement showing both my name and my wife's. She gave me a form that lists the requested supporting documents and another paper that shows that "a decision cannot be made ...". So I asked politely: "how will I know if my application is approved once I have provided the supporing documents?" and her answer was "you will receive the oath letter, just bring those documents today if you can and I will wait for that before making a decision on your case". I was happy to hear that. So I rushed out of the USCIS office straight to the court where I got a duplicate receipt of the payment I made for my traffic ticket. I also swinged by my office and printed out an online bank statement. I returned both docs to the USCIS office within an hour :) .. Now I am hoping it all goes thru and that I receive an oath letter soon :) ..

Note that I wasn't asked a single question about my 7 trips overseas or my 2-year overseas employment, which is pretty much what I was worried about most!!!

Good luck to all. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for sharing..good example of how an IO comes to a subjective determination of moral character by asking for payment of a minor traffic ticket along with proof of family support payments.

Received both Yellow Letters and Interview Letters for self and Spouse.

Here are the details:
DO: Newark, NJ
08/22/2009: N400 Fedexed to Lewisville, TX
08/24/2009: N400 received by USCIS
08/24/2009: Receipt Date/Priority Date
08/26/2009: Checks cleared
08/26/2009: Notice Date
08/31/2009: NOA arrived
09/05/2009: Online status & emails on RFE (FP?) notice mailed on 09/03/2009
09/08/2009: FP Notices dated 09/04/09 received Scheduled for 09/18/09
09/09/2009: Walk-in FPs done at Elizabeth
10/24/2009: Emails/online status for self/spouse ‘Sent for Standard Interview”
10/26/2009: Received Yellow Letters for self/spouse
10/26/2009: Received Interview Letters for self/spouse
12/02/2009: Scheduled Interview date for self/spouse

Received Email this morning @ 5:30 Am - “This case has been sent for a standard interview’.

Thank you all for your support .

Case update:

TIMELINE
5 Year based N-400
GC Date: Oct 2002
DO: Newark NJ

08/25/2009 : N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX
08/26/2009 : N-400 Delivered at Lewisville / Priority date
08/27/2009 : Check Cleared
08/31/2009 : NOA Received
__/__/____ : FP Notice Received
09/19/2009 : FP Notice Date
10/23/2009 : Status change - case transferred to Local office
10/29/2009 : Interview Letter Received

12/03/2009 : Interview Date
__/__/____ : Oath - probably same date

Finally Case transferred

We got the email finally yesterday that the case has been transferred for standard interview. FP was done 9/10/2009. Looking at other posts, it will be a while before interview gets scheduled at Hartford, CT - its lagging behind.

I did it!

My interview was at 2:00 PM in Hialeah Service Center in Florida. I was called in at 2:10.
Before I sit she asked me to swear that I was going to tell the truth, which I just answer I do.

She asked me to show her my passports and my green card. I had a current passport from my country, an expired Refugee Travel Document and an expired pasport from my country. She looked at the first page to see if they had my picture and that was it.

The Officer went through my application really fast. She asked a few questions and went on with the English test.
She asked me to read a sentence that said "What state has de most people?" , she then asked me write "California has the most people".

She then started to ask the history questions:

1. Why did colonists fight the British?
2. Why does the flag has 50 stars?
3. What is the supreme law of the land?
4. What was United State concerned during the cold war?

and I can't remember the last one.

At the end she said Congratulations, you passed the test. An Oath letter will come in the mail.

I asked her If she had an idea more or less was I going to have my oath ceremony and she said at the beginning of December, since my 5 continuous permanent residence will be on November 21st.

She never asked anything about my asylum, or if I had gone back to my COP.
I definitely think once you get your Permanent Resident, your asylum status is history.

I DID IT!!!!

My interview was at 2:00 PM in Hialeah Service Center in Florida. I was called in at 2:10.
Before I sit she asked me to swear that I was going to tell the truth, which I just answer I do.

She asked me to show her my passports and my green card. I had a current passport from my country, an expired Refugee Travel Document and an expired pasport from my country. She looked at the first page to see if they had my picture and that was it.

The Officer went through my application really fast. She asked a few questions and went on with the English test.
She asked me to read a sentence that said "What state has de most people?" , she then asked me write "California has the most people".

She then started to ask the history questions:

1. Why did colonists fight the British?
2. Why does the flag has 50 stars?
3. What is the supreme law of the land?
4. What was United State concerned during the cold war?

and I can't remember the last one.

At the end she said Congratulations, you passed the test. An Oath letter will come in the mail.

I asked her If she had an idea more or less was I going to have my oath ceremony and she said at the beginning of December, since my 5 continuous permanent residence will be on November 21st.

She never asked anything about my asylum, or if I had gone back to my COP.
I definitely think once you get your Permanent Resident, your asylum status is history.

I DID IT!!!!

thanks for sharing - Good Luck

Received email notification at 6:00am this morning from USCIS that my case has been sent for a standard interview at the local DO. Also received text message (not sure what time I got it).

Interview experience Oct 29 2009:

I just wrapped up my interview yesterday morning. Here is my experience:

Appt. was scheduled for 10:35m and I got to the building at 10:22am. I carried my DL, GC, all Passports, IL, YL, 2 extra PP Photos and certified copy of my case deposition.which I listed in my N400). I checked in on the 2nd floor. There were only few other people there and I was called in at about 10:37. The IO was nice soft spoken gentleman.I swore to tell the truth etc. etc and we began the interview.

He went through my N400 in great detail and verified all the information that was in there. He asked to see my GC, DL and PP and verified all my trips and validated those against the PP. Everything on the application checked out.Corrected status about my wife since she is citizen now.We came to the part about my citation/Arrest and he asked if i paid my Tickets & asked for the arrest information & did i go to the court , I told him i didn't go to the court & did my diversion programme.we then moved on to the Test portion of the interview.

He took the English test:
He asked me to read & write simple sentence.

He took the civic test::
He asked me the following 6 questions,(the order below is not correct)

1) Who is in charge of the executive branch?
2) Who is the Commander-in-Chief of the military?
3) What are the two major political parties in the United States?
4) What is the political party of the President now?
5) How old do citizens have to be to vote for the President?
6) Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?

At the end he had me sign the application in a couple of different places & my Photograph.

The entire interview was over in 10 mins and he told me he was recommending me for approval to his supervisor since i have arrest record & since i was arrested within the five years, the decision will be supervisor's & depending on the decision i will get the oath letter in 2 weeks time. So i shook his hand, he said have a good day & i move on.

Since i work less than 8 blocks from 630 Sansome, I was back at work within an hour.....My timeline is below - Good luck to everyone else waiting to wrap up this process.

My Timeline is below:
DO: San Francisco, CA
08/04/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
08/06/09 : N-400 recieved
08/06/09 : priority date
08/11/09 : Check Cashed
08/15/09 : NOA Received
08/17/09 : FP Notice Received
08/18/09: Walkin FP done
08/28/09: FP Date
09/18/09 : Interview Letter Received
10/29/09 : Interview (recommended for approval)
11/xx/09 : Oath Letter recieved
11/xx/09 : Oath Date

Congrats, Deeps!

Interview experience Oct 29 2009:

I just wrapped up my interview yesterday morning. Here is my experience:

Appt. was scheduled for 10:35m and I got to the building at 10:22am. I carried my DL, GC, all Passports, IL, YL, 2 extra PP Photos and certified copy of my case deposition.which I listed in my N400). I checked in on the 2nd floor. There were only few other people there and I was called in at about 10:37. The IO was nice soft spoken gentleman.I swore to tell the truth etc. etc and we began the interview.

He went through my N400 in great detail and verified all the information that was in there. He asked to see my GC, DL and PP and verified all my trips and validated those against the PP. Everything on the application checked out.Corrected status about my wife since she is citizen now.We came to the part about my citation/Arrest and he asked if i paid my Tickets & asked for the arrest information & did i go to the court , I told him i didn't go to the court & did my diversion programme.we then moved on to the Test portion of the interview.

He took the English test:
He asked me to read & write simple sentence.

He took the civic test::
He asked me the following 6 questions,(the order below is not correct)

1) Who is in charge of the executive branch?
2) Who is the Commander-in-Chief of the military?
3) What are the two major political parties in the United States?
4) What is the political party of the President now?
5) How old do citizens have to be to vote for the President?
6) Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?

At the end he had me sign the application in a couple of different places & my Photograph.

The entire interview was over in 10 mins and he told me he was recommending me for approval to his supervisor since i have arrest record & since i was arrested within the five years, the decision will be supervisor's & depending on the decision i will get the oath letter in 2 weeks time. So i shook his hand, he said have a good day & i move on.

Since i work less than 8 blocks from 630 Sansome, I was back at work within an hour.....My timeline is below - Good luck to everyone else waiting to wrap up this process.

My Timeline is below:
DO: San Francisco, CA
08/04/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
08/06/09 : N-400 recieved
08/06/09 : priority date
08/11/09 : Check Cashed
08/15/09 : NOA Received
08/17/09 : FP Notice Received
08/18/09: Walkin FP done
08/28/09: FP Date
09/18/09 : Interview Letter Received
10/29/09 : Interview (recommended for approval)
11/xx/09 : Oath Letter recieved
11/xx/09 : Oath Date

I hope you receive an early oath date. Good luck!

Got my IL yesterday - Dec 17,2009 @ 11:00 .Happy for now , however CT is about two months behind than - Say CA .

Last edited by a moderator:
Interviewed today PASSED

Hi guys,

My interview was today and I passed, standard procedures, questions, etc.

Oath on Nov 12th.