August 2009 family based filers post here

sanename

Registered Users (C)
Hey All,
I was scrolling through the forum to find any august filers forum but did not see any. Lets all august filers share our timeline, experience and knowledge through this thread.

Mailed out my application for AOS through my wife on friday and have joined the waiting game. Forms sent are I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131.

mermaid06, biometrics was done quick. within 2 weeks. did u walk-in or did on the scheduled appointment date.

shigaell, i mailed my application a day after u, our time lines should be close.

Hi, I did a walk in the same day i received the notice on the 14th. I don't think it will speed up the process, but it's nice to get it out of the way especially if are you are busy with work/school/travel etc. Good luck!

Another August filer here. I shipped my AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-765) yesterday. I'm the spouse of a US citizen. And now we wait!

How time flies! I was an August 2008 filer (yes, last year). Below is my timeline for you guys's reference, from start to finish. Seven months total processing time. All the best to you all!

I'm so grateful for this forum, especially the people who posted their timelines as signatures to help upcoming filers figure things out. I'm even grateful for the people who gave bad advice because it encouraged me to seek the correct answers from USCIS itself!

Random FYI: to speak to an actual human being when calling the USCIS Customer Service telephone number before you have a case number: don't press any buttons when prompted. Eventually you will be routed to a human being. This worked for me twice.

Good luck to everyone. Here's hoping for speedy timelines and a drama-free experience.

How long does take normally to receive the FP notice after you get the receipt numbers? I got the receipts MSC # on Aug 15 but I still have not gotten any FP notice.

How long does take normally to receive the FP notice after you get the receipt numbers? I got the receipts MSC # on Aug 15 but I still have not gotten any FP notice.

usually a week after but it really depends on your DO though. Check out my time line below for reference :)

Hi Fellows,
I have been reading this site for a while and finally get a chance to post.
I have a question if you folks can help me figure it out. Will the walk-in fingerprint speed up the process instead of taking on the original appointment date?

8/12/09: Mailed AOS to Chicago
8/13/09: AOS Received
8/20/09: Check Cashed

Green Card Filing for Mother

US Citizen filing for mother
(Filed I-130 and I485 concurrently)

8/12/2009 - Receipt Date
8/18/2009 - Checks Cashed
8/18/2009 - Notice Date

I am filling 1-130, I485, g325a, I-693,I-864, I-765 and I-131. How many pictures in total do I need?? I am confused about that :(

I am filling 1-130, I485, g325a, I-693,I-864, I-765 and I-131. How many pictures in total do I need?? I am confused about that :(

I believe 7 of you and 1 of your husband... The number of pictures necessary is always a controversial subject though. I'd carefully read the instructions on each form and follow those guidelines.

Myself, I submitted 5 of me and one of my husband. I filed the same forms as you except I didn't file an I-131, which requires 2 photos, to my interpretation.