August 2002 Filer Tracker

SunnyJ

Registered Users (C)
Anyone yet started this Tracker? I beleive most of us are going to be concurrent filers... anyways: if not started then here is the start:

EB3 RIR
MD: 08/16
Type: Concurrent 140/485
RD:
ND:

Ciao,

EB2 RIR
MD: 08/16/02
Type: Concurrent 140/485
RD: 8/19/02
ND: 8/27/02

Last edited by a moderator:
Travel outside US pending AOS

Hi,

Cud anyone pls tell me how long it takes for the receipt notice to come after filing I-485 in Massachusetts area?

Can I travel outside US without the receipt notice for I-485? I have a valid H1 still, so is there any need for me to wait for the recipt notice of I-485 to visit India?

Thanx

You should have your AP to travel atleast. Otherwise, it maybe deemed as you are abandoning your application of AOS. It would take less than 2 weeks to get your receipt.

Travel outside US pending AOS

Hi Sunny,

Thx for ur reply. But why do I need an Advance Parole? I read in INS website that if I have a valid H1 visa still, i don't need AP to travel outside US.

My reason for asking how long it takes for receipt notice for I-485 to come is bcoz I want to visit India soon, while my AOS is pending. I didn't file AP bcoz I don't require it as H1 visa is valid. And also I bet AP approval wud take more time than the Receipt Notice for I-485 to come from VSC, what do U say?

Where can I find the law that says I require Receipt notice for I-485 if I go outside US? I read the law that says I do NOT need AP, but it does NOT say I need the receipt notice for I-485.

Thx

AP doesnt really take that long.

At VSC it takes around 2 weeks. But to answer your Q., check out this site:

http://murthy.com/ukpbadpl.html

As usual, we really dont have all the sections of law from INS but we have the " Collective knowledge", The best option is always to ask an Immigration Lawyer...

Here is a more specific answer.

June 1, 1999, INS published an interim rule regarding eligibility of H1 and L1 holders and their dependents to enter on the H or L visa status when traveling after filing the I-485. These foreign nationals do not have to apply for advance parole if they have a pending application for adjustment of status. It is only necessary for the examining inspector at the port of entry to confirm that the H or L holder is maintaining that status by still working for the correct petitioner as shown by the latest H or L approval notice, before allowing the H or L holder to enter the U.S. Therefore, the above issues pertaining to deferred inspection, etc. may not be applicable to a person who, for example, chooses to enter on the H1B or H-4 visa instead of using the AP.