Attn Vault, Ray, & others..Expert advice needed please..!

truenblue

Registered Users (C)
Expert advice needed please..!

Hi guys
I am seeking some expert advise or opinions or guidance for this situation.
Is it possible for a canadian immigrant in US on H1B to take his wife, who has H4 visa but no canadian status, to canada for a very short urgent trip. Has anyone any experience in this kind of scenario ? I understand its hard to get visit/tourist visa for the spouse of canadian immigrant because immigration matter is involved, has anyone applied for visa in this scenario ?
Any thoughts or advice are greatly appreciated.

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
You can apply for a visitor visa at the nearest consulate . Although the chances are slim but you never know

Originally posted by bhand11683
or you could get a temporary resident permit at the POE to canada .

bhand11683, thanks for reply
can you please give more details on this temp resident permit at POE, what are the requirements ? Did u see/know anyone doing this ?

check on the CIC site or call the Immigration . I do not have much info on this , but have heard people getting it in cases like yours.

I have done that

I am PR and I took my wife's Visit visa (called Temporary Resident Permit) from Los Angeles Consulate.

- Mainly you need to show her status in US.

There is a question in Visit visa form that

WHETHER APPLICANT /SPOUSE HAS EVER APPLIED FOR CANADIAN IMMIGRATION
Give detail: ....

this is the tough part. If you answer YES , your wife wont get VISA . If you answer NO she will get VISA.

My wife she answered YES in her application because my wife applied for Canadian PR before marriage , but we never pursued.

My friend , he answered NO. His wife got VISA. She is on H4.

thx
khi_boy

Re: I have done that

Originally posted by khi_boy
I am PR and I took my wife's Visit visa (called Temporary Resident Permit) from Los Angeles Consulate.

- Mainly you need to show her status in US.

There is a question in Visit visa form that

WHETHER APPLICANT /SPOUSE HAS EVER APPLIED FOR CANADIAN IMMIGRATION
Give detail: ....

this is the tough part. If you answer YES , your wife wont get VISA . If you answer NO she will get VISA.

My wife she answered YES in her application because my wife applied for Canadian PR before marriage , but we never pursued.

My friend , he answered NO. His wife got VISA. She is on H4.

thx
khi_boy

Khi boy,
Thank you very much for this valuable info, I appreciate.

In both you and your friends cases both wives said YES for their husbands right ? (just want to clear)

So it means if my wife applies for visit visa (TRP) she can mention my canadian PR status in the app, but none in her status column as she never applied for Ca immigration and she shud be ok ?

Please also tell me that did they interview your wife and you as well ?

thx