***Attn : QDude, IM2003 & others who are getting ready for the AOS interview***

e17345

Registered Users (C)
I have compiled a list of things to get ready for the AOS interview. Let me know if I have missed something.

 Interview letter
 Wedding Photos and Video
 Joint bank accounts
 Letter from employer
 Joint car titles / payment stubs
 Letter from spouse’s employer
 Spouse's birth certificate and drivers license
 Spouse's US passport
 Life insurance where my spouse’s name is there for 100%
 Spouse's life insurance where my name is there for 100%
 Pay stub for both of us.
 EAD, AP
 Marriage Certificate
 Last two months pay stubs
 Bank statement of joint account
 joint auto insurance
 Medical/life insurance letter showing each other as benificiaries
 Correspondence received from family/friends with both names
 joint Phone, Power, gas bills
 Last 3yrs of tax returns and w-2's
 photographs

- all previous immigration documents, for example if you were F1, H1, etc.
- cards from each other like birthday card, xmas card, etc.
- Social Security card just in case.
- Passport with i94 card in it (they will take the i94 card)

Some additional stuff:

- plane tickets for the trips taken together
- hotel / car reservation slips on both names
- invitations for parties, weddings, etc. on both names
- affidavits from friends, relatives
- leases with both names on , letter from the management company stating that you and your spouse live at the same address.
- transcripts of tax returns

One more thing: did you guys re-do your medical. I submitted mine with my paperwork when first filed in May 2005. At that time my medical was 7 months old ( I did it in october of 2004). Do I have to re-do it again?

e17345 said:
I Last 3yrs of tax returns and w-2's

When we filed the 485, we gave them the tax returns, do we have to bring them again on interview?
A seperate question, I am the USC sponsoring my wife, when we filed 485, I had a job, she didn't, so in the 486 (or something) I stated I sponsor her. Now I got laid off, she got a job. At interview how are we going to present this? Any new form/stuff we need to prepare?
Thx.

samlooker said:
When we filed the 485, we gave them the tax returns, do we have to bring them again on interview?
A seperate question, I am the USC sponsoring my wife, when we filed 485, I had a job, she didn't, so in the 486 (or something) I stated I sponsor her. Now I got laid off, she got a job. At interview how are we going to present this? Any new form/stuff we need to prepare?
Thx.
Just carry it man.
I don't understand why people ask such Qs. If you think you might will need it some docs during your interview, just dump it in your trunk. How is it hurting you? If they will ask for it, you will have it. If they won't ask for it, oh well!! No big deal.
You will have to carry new Affidavite at the time of your interview with new income information on it.Your wife will have to fill out form I 864A since she will be supporting you to meet the financial requirment for household. If her income is not enough you will have to find a co-sponsor.

You look pretty well covered. I don't have have a lot of what you have. My attorney said it was fine though because I have legitimate reasons. Example:

No Joint Bank Account: I bank through the brokerage firm I work with. I have a print out that clearly states ONLY U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents may be account holders.

No joint utility bills: I own a highrise condo that I bought prior to marriage. Our utilities are prorated to property owners only.

No joint credit card accounts: A person with no credit will negatively affect a person with excellent credit. Credit scores dictate many financial areas - even your auto insurance rate.

This is what I do have for proof of marriage:

Printout from web showing him as sole beneficiary of my IRA

Health Insurance cards from my company (can only get this if married)

Auto policy showing him as an operator and insured spouse

Printout from USAA (a special insurance agency for commissioned military officers) showing my profile and listing him as my spouse

A scrapbook that I made him (tons of pictures) - you can tell we have been together a while because of the length and ever-changing color of my hair ;) Pictures of my Dad blessing our hands in their home at our wedding. My father is a well respected native Atlantan and a former legislator.

Certificate from the Catholic Church showing him as the Godfather of my niece

An offer from my credit card company (shows his name cause he is an authorized user) to use attached checks because of our excellent account history. Those checks have his name on them too.

Other stuff we are bringing:

Updated letter from employer

All originals (birth certificates, divorce papers, marriage certificate, etc.)

All correspondence from the INS

My last two pay stubs which show year end and bonus income

My last tax return: wasn't included with original packet because they weren't completed

My attorney....who has been practicing immigration law in Atlanta for over 45 years and knows all the folks down at INS. No real need for an attorney...he is a family friend that has known me since I was three!

Thanks.

Your interview is right before mine and QDude's. Please let us know how it goes.

Good luck!