Attention N-400 cannot be filed 90 days before 5 yrs

N 400 with 90 day rule..

Thanks for the information about rule. What will happend. You applied N 400 with 89 days before aniversery. The finger printing, interview process took fast and you are done in 2 months. Will IO approve the application or will say i have to wait till i complete 90 days (i.e 5 years). Or oath will be given after 5years. Please explain.

Will IO approve the application or will say i have to wait till i complete 90 days (i.e 5 years). Or oath will be given after 5years. Please explain.
USCIS can't adjudicate the case before the 5th year anniversary. In most cases the IO will hand out "decision can't be made" and put off adjudicating until after the 5th year anniversary.

Called USCIS today, was surprised at the excellent customer service!! They said that if you dont get any communication like NOA from them within ten days of receipt of application, you can call them and they will pull up your application and give u a status update. In my case, they gave me my NBC number. My NOA might still be coming in the mail...they have been having major mail delays in New Jersey. Also the Fingerprinting dates in New Jersey are all backed up because a lot of people had missed their appointments due to the snow storms and so there is a delay in sending out new fingerprinting notices to people. Feel relieved now!

Feb. 8, 2010 is exactly 90 days before May 9, 2010. So stonewall is in the right.

However, it doesn't matter, because arguing with USCIS won't bring back the 2 weeks that were wasted, even if USCIS agrees you are right.

USCIS sometimes miscounts by 1 or 2 days, like what they did here, so it's important to avoid applying on the exact 90th day.

Thanks for the information about rule. What will happend. You applied N 400 with 89 days before aniversery. The finger printing, interview process took fast and you are done in 2 months. Will IO approve the application or will say i have to wait till i complete 90 days (i.e 5 years). Or oath will be given after 5years. Please explain.

Look at my timeline below... They'll make you wait until you have hit your 3/5 yr GC anniversary