Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

45 day letter received. Gurus .. urgent!!! please help..

after a big wait, my friend who applied one month before me with Atlanta RD 11/2003, received a 45 day letter .. can the employer respond to the letter? .. not sure if lawyer responded .. is it ok if both respond ..

should the employer respond to this in any formatted letter ... what is the requirement .. please advise ..

Partial Case Number

Can you or your friend please post the partial case number for which he received the 45 day letter?
thanks,
frog

You employer OR your lawyer respond to DOL by mail OR fax.
BUt, Just one way and one respond.

ssl443 said:
after a big wait, my friend who applied one month before me with Atlanta RD 11/2003, received a 45 day letter .. can the employer respond to the letter? .. not sure if lawyer responded .. is it ok if both respond ..

should the employer respond to this in any formatted letter ... what is the requirement .. please advise ..

Ssl443

ssl443 said:

Hi SSL443,
Even i got 45 days letter, what my attorney says is any one can send the response, in the second letter they have mentioned about "do you want to continue with existing filings" or do you want to do new filings under perm.
so they have to check one box and send response, in this case either one can do it, but its better to send in FEDEX or any postal service, so that u will get confirmation number and what date they have received.
Only one should respond it, not both,no formatted letter is required untill they ask any more querries(in my case they have asked address proof because my company have changed there locations).
so what my suggestion is your attorney should send it with received confirmation.

Dear helen999 and kasid,

Thanks very much for your response .. the problem is getting lawyer to agree on anything.. hence we are thinking may be employer can also respond to make sure they definetely get the response ..

after waiting for years, their letter makes me mad .. do you want to continue?? if you don't respond within 45 days, your case will be closed?? what are we doing here waiting for years?? they won't send any confirmation either?? man these guys are just playing with us ..

sorry i got off topic .. actually the letter has lawyer address on it .. not sure if employer can sign it .. also planning to call backlog center ..

thanks guys ..

ssl443 said:
Dear helen999 and kasid,

Thanks very much for your response .. the problem is getting lawyer to agree on anything.. hence we are thinking may be employer can also respond to make sure they definetely get the response ..

after waiting for years, their letter makes me mad .. do you want to continue?? if you don't respond within 45 days, your case will be closed?? what are we doing here waiting for years?? they won't send any confirmation either?? man these guys are just playing with us ..

sorry i got off topic .. actually the letter has lawyer address on it .. not sure if employer can sign it .. also planning to call backlog center ..

thanks guys ..

sl...
be carefull before calling, i think they told me not to call for 90 days, its stated in every email, after getting your case number you should not call them or send an email for another 90 days, thats what i remember for now, but its better to check before calling, may be for this call they might do any problem for your case..................this guys are crazyyyyyyyyyy so be carefull, find out and then call.........

Who should respond to 45-Day Letter

ssl443 said:

In case both respond, the law states that the opinion of the Company (the Petitioner for LC) would prevail over that of the attorney. e.g. if Co. says dont want to proceed and attorney says proceed, then the application would be dropped. Vice Versa also applies.

However, always better that both present the same opinion. In case one has got the letter and has responded, then keep the other party informed. Why create unneceessary hassles for yourself ????

ssl443,
can you please advice about your friends status?
is 11/2203 refers to the Regional DOL receive date or the SWA receive date?
Thanks

11/2003 is Regional DOL RD..

Guys, thanks for your responses .. this forum really finds me peace in this miserable immigration matters .. i will tell my friend to try to see if he can work out with the lawyer .. i will also do the same when i get my 45 day letter ..

45 days letter for pre 23 Sept 2003

Has anyone, with Atlanta DOL receipt date before 23 Sept 2003, received 45 day letter?

LCSEPT2003 said:
kasid,
I think your the only person who got a 45 day letter from pre sept 23 03.

I have also got, buddy....Look my previous post.

Filed At GA SWA (PD): June 16, 2003
Forwarded to ATL DOL: Aug 28, 2003 (as per AVM Sep 9, 2003)
45 Day Letter Received: Mar 1, 2005
Responded Mar 3, 2005

Guys no messages today

Hey guys any good news from backlog reduction center, my advocate respnded to 45 days letter with neccessary documents for change of address, i hope they will not come back with any more requirements.

Did any one got approval, so far nothing, i hope they will do it fast..........

just getting frustrated with this new process..............

got the 45 day letter]
Pd Florida : jan 2004
Rd atlanta dol : may 2004

got a whole list of documents to be submitted along with the reply such as company's articles of incorporation etc .
did anyone get such notice.

Some good news

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyD
There's one here:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com...ad.php?t=169060

One LC approved at Dallas BEC in March 2005.

Details of the person approved
Approved @: Dallas BEC
Priority Date: 6/21/2001
type: Non RIR
State: TX

One small step for Dallas BEC and one big leap for USCIS officials.

So guess we wont have to wait till Aug / Sep till all cases are entered into database for the LC processing to begin.

45 day letter received on 4/1

NC case
PD: June 2004
Received at Atlanta Regional : June 2004.

Both employer and attorney received the letter. Employer responded on the same day by mail and fax. No other notices were included in the letter.

The case number from the response in the previous email indicated that it was entered in the system on Jan 12 this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please send the correct link, the link you have posted here not opened.

TampaBelle said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyD
There's one here:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com...ad.php?t=169060

One LC approved at Dallas BEC in March 2005.

Details of the person approved
Approved @: Dallas BEC
Priority Date: 6/21/2001
type: Non RIR
State: TX

One small step for Dallas BEC and one big leap for USCIS officials.

So guess we wont have to wait till Aug / Sep till all cases are entered into database for the LC processing to begin.

www.flcdatacenter.com has been updated with fiscal year 2004 data

Hey Guys,

For those who might be interested in doing some data mining, www.flcdatacenter.com has been updated with the latest 2004 fiscal year data. It was a relief to find my case there!! :rolleyes: