Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Nyali , wazimo, sicce, calhoun - How did your interview go ? I have interview at 9am. Is it possible to get same day oath ?

My interniew went very well, from this week atlanta office has changed the rule they no more take oath the same day.
My interview was at 7.20am and still have to go on the 21st for the oath. funny part the rule changed from this week only.

I had my interview today at the Atlanta office, was done within 10mins, the IO just asked 6 questions while she went through the form.
Atlanta now, do not do same day Oaths, they also changed the location of where the Oaths take place to Morrow,GA. Mine is now scheduled for Nov 7th.
In all, was very impressed by the efficiency of the interview process.

Good Luck to others who are still in process of getting their Citizenship.

One Question:

N400 - Yellow Letter Arrest Question without any arrest
My husband got YL requesting two items:

1. driver’s license

2. You indicated in your application that you have been arrested. For these arrest and any other incidents
involved, bring originals or certified copies of all arrest records and court dispositions showing how
resolved.

He was never arrested and did not fill application stating that he was arrested. He only had a traffic citation for speeding, contested in court .. paid fine.

So what he needs to do? pls help..

Dont worry, I received the same YL asking for Arrest information but have never been arrested or cited.

All they asked for was DL, Passport and GC - and that's it!

In your case you should also take the info for your speeding ticket, and proof that you paid it.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

Passport Received Sep 3rd.
Applied for N600 for my son -Sep 12 (Atlanta)
Applied N-400 for My wife - Sep 15

Son - received payment receipt Sep 21
Wife - FP done Oct 20
Wife - In line for Interview Scheduling - Oct 21

Any recent filers from Atlanta, GA DO, please post your time lines. thanks.

N-400 DO: Atlanta, GA
-----------------------
10/17/11 Mailed
10/18/11 Delivered
10/24/11 NOA Recd

Interview & Oath

Hi all,

I just found out & learnt something new that Atlanta DO no longer does oath the very same day as interview. My wife's interview is scheduled for Nov 8th and hoping that she would be done with the same day, we had planned our overseas trip for the first week of Dec. This only gives us one month in between for oath and apply for Passport. Anyone knows how far this USCIS (Atlanta office) schedules oaths and if there is anyway to find out oath ceremony (schedule) for the month of Nov and may be we will have a way to request the IO or supervisor to schedule an oath for her in the next available slot.

I can't remember if family like husband/wife and kids could also attend the oath ceremony. Can u confirm that as well?

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same day oaths were discontinued mid-Oct. I think current Oath scheduling is about 3 weeks after interview date. You can request a re-schedule of your oath until after you return from your trip.

Late Oath

Same day oaths were discontinued mid-Oct. I think current Oath scheduling is about 3 weeks after interview date. You can request a re-schedule of your oath until after you return from your trip.

Unfortunately late oath and especially after returning back from the trip is not an option as we have planned our trip with few stopovers like in Europe and Dubai. First I have to get her Pakistani passport for renewal and then apply for Eurpean visa. Lets hope we get her oath scheduled in 2-3 weeks time.

My N-400 timeline (Atlanta DO):

06/28/2011 N-400 sent (texas)
07/1/2011 N-400 received
07/05/2011 - Notice date
07/11/2011 recd email
07/18/2011 - FP letter in mail
08/04/2011 - FP done
09/15/2011 - YL received to bring DL
09/26/2011 - email recd for Interview- IL mailed
09/30/2011 - IL received
11/1/2011 - Interview passed. very easy test -just asked for GC,DL, passports- out in 15min.....
oath date - 11/28/2011.

Congrats

anusingh,

Congrats on clearing your interview. I was hoping that they will schedule your oath by thanksgiving weekend if not earlier. My wife is scheduled for this coming Tues (11/8) exactly a week later. I wonder if she will be able to take the oath the same day as yours as I had mentioned earlier that we have planned our trip for Dec 9th. It will be a close call for sure. Do you mind letting me know where they have scheduled the oath ceremony. This will give me an idea if the venue is big, may be my wife might be scheduled for Nov 28th with you as well. On another note, do they give you a choice of oath dates or 28th was the only option for you. Please share. Thanks.

Atlanta_Brother -

Thanks !

The oath ceremony is at National Archives at Atlanta, Morrow, GA.
I think you have chance to get the oath date before 9th dec...
There is no choice of oath dates ..After the interview, a lady came out in the hall and handed the oath letter with
the date/time stamped on it..

Interview today

Went for my wife's interview today. Got their around 10:30am (10 mins before the actual interview time). Waited for little over an hour in the lobby for her number to be called. According to my wife, the interview was pretty easy and straight forward. Read/write & as always 6 civic questions. The IO went over the form to confirm travel dates and children's names & date of births. In the end, she handed this letter congratulating and stating that she has passed the test and will receive a letter in the mail for the oath date/time/place. I was hoping that we'll find out the date after the interview today. Leaves me in curiousity now as we have an overseas trip coming up on Dec 9th. The IO said that alll the dates for Nov has been booked already so we will now stand a chance in Dec for the oath ceremony. The waiting game starts now. Hoping to get a date in the first week of Dec. Lets see.

Congratulations to her!!! I hope, her oath, passport and visa works out in time. Would infopass help to get her accommodated for early oath?

Oath Letter on its way !

Just got a text message with an update that USCIS has scheduled an oath ceremony and letter is on its way with date/time/place. I am hoping to find out hopefully early next week.

Will keep you all posted