Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

if you dont get an oath date tomorrow, you'll have to wait for a month for the oath letter. Oath will be another month after that. 2 more months to go...

Hi,

Have my interview 2:45pm on Thursday this week. Quite nervous!

I was wondering for those of us who (hopefully in my case) pass, but can't do the same day oath since the interview appointment is so late, how long is the wait for the Oath Ceremony. I guess it's all gone pretty quickly by most immigration things but I have to admit I'm disappointed that I can't do the same day oath, it would have been nice.

becky

08/13/2010 : Received Date
08/13/2010 : Priority Date
08/24/2010 : Rec. FP Letter
09/08/2010 : FP Scheduled
09/08/2010 : FP Done
10/22/2010 : Email from USCIS saying that case had been transferred to local office
10/22/2010 : (later in the day) yellow letter arrives...
10/23/2010 : Interview Letter
12/02/2010 : Interview...

if you dont get an oath date tomorrow, you'll have to wait for a month for the oath letter. Oath will be another month after that. 2 more months to go...

Really? I had an afternoon interview in Atlanta in August of this year. It was too late for the same-day oath, but I received an oath letter the same day, for an oath ceremony 10 days later.

I believe the long waits for an oath letter and ceremony apply only to those who are including a name change as part of their naturalization. In this case you have to wait for a judicial oath ceremony. Unless things have changed a lot in the last couple of months at Atlanta DO (and change is always possible), an afternoon interview should not condemn you to extra months of waiting.

My spouse had his biometrics appointment today. I've been maintaining his info on the tracker spreadsheet at https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoxJgTZJQsbldFVXaVFXODFlb1d5aWxqM1lnVlVUc3c&hl=en#gid=37 however it seems to have fallen out of use.

My spouse's FP appointment seemed amazingly quick. It was less than a month after his application was submitted, and only eight days after the date on which the appointment notice was received. At this rate, the whole concept of "early walk-in" seems meaningless.

DO: Atlanta
2010/11/05: RD, PD
2010/11/08: ND, check cashed
2010/11/22: FP notice rec'd
2010/11/30: FP sched and done

I believe the long waits for an oath letter and ceremony apply only to those who are including a name change as part of their naturalization. In this case you have to wait for a judicial oath ceremony. Unless things have changed a lot in the last couple of months at Atlanta DO (and change is always possible), an afternoon interview should not condemn you to extra months of waiting.

Not entirely, pal. One of my buddies, who did not have name-change and had Administrative Oath, had to wait precisely 2 months from the interview date. His Oath date is 12/10/2010 (upcoming) and his interview date was 10/06/2010.

I am one of those unfortunate cases you are referring to as Judicial Oath. And guess what? I am told that it could take at least 7-8 months to get a Judicial Oath in Atlanta. That is crazy.

That's what I said: IF you dont get an oath DATE after your interview ......
QUOTE=anxiouscdn2;2249388]Really? I had an afternoon interview in Atlanta in August of this year. It was too late for the same-day oath, but I received an oath letter the same day, for an oath ceremony 10 days later.

I believe the long waits for an oath letter and ceremony apply only to those who are including a name change as part of their naturalization. In this case you have to wait for a judicial oath ceremony. Unless things have changed a lot in the last couple of months at Atlanta DO (and change is always possible), an afternoon interview should not condemn you to extra months of waiting.[/QUOTE]

Not entirely, pal. One of my buddies, who did not have name-change and had Administrative Oath, had to wait precisely 2 months from the interview date. His Oath date is 12/10/2010 (upcoming) and his interview date was 10/06/2010.

I am one of those unfortunate cases you are referring to as Judicial Oath. And guess what? I am told that it could take at least 7-8 months to get a Judicial Oath in Atlanta. That is crazy.

Wow, your situation is terrible. I wonder if there was some other reason for delay in your buddy's case -- maybe it wasn't approved immediately?

That's what I said: IF you dont get an oath DATE after your interview ......

So you did, singh244. I'm sorry, I didn't read carefully enough.

... I was really just trying to reduce the scare factor for becky with the afternoon interview, by trying to make it clearer that an afternoon interview does not all by itself automatically condemn one to a long wait for the oath.

thanks everyone, much appreciated. I am so sorry to hear about the dreadful waits,... ugh... I hope I pass the interview and I'll try not to leave without an oath date assuming I pass :)

Wow, your situation is terrible. I wonder if there was some other reason for delay in your buddy's case -- maybe it wasn't approved immediately?
Nope. Straightforward case. His appointment was at 2:45 PM. In fact, he also had the "you are recommended for approval" in N-652. Still, he had to wait for 2 months to get the Oath date on 12/10/2010.

I am screwed because of the unavailability of the Judicial Oath date that should have been made available more liberally instead of the judicious 175 per sitting in NDGA Courts. Very pathetic. Tell the whole world -- to run away from Judicial Oath ceremonies in Atlanta, if they ever can.

I had my interview, and my case remains undecided. I've been told I'll receive a notice (with an oath date I think) at some point in the future, not before January most likely. Anyone have any experience with how long these things take...

08/13/2010 : Received Date
08/13/2010 : Priority Date
08/24/2010 : Rec. FP Letter
09/08/2010 : FP Scheduled
09/08/2010 : FP Done
10/22/2010 : Email from USCIS saying that case had been transferred to local office
10/22/2010 : (later in the day) yellow letter arrives...
10/23/2010 : Interview Letter
12/02/2010 : Interview, case undecided

I had an interview yesterday. Everything went smooth. Now I am waiting for my Oath letter.

Congratulations! Wish I could say the same :-( From what I could read, expect a letter in a month or so, and with an oath date about a month later. Unless you have to have the judicial oath which sounds like a pretty lengthy delay.

Congratulations! Wish I could say the same :-( From what I could read, expect a letter in a month or so, and with an oath date about a month later. Unless you have to have the judicial oath which sounds like a pretty lengthy delay.

Your grandchildren may get married, by the time I get my Judicial Oath in Atlanta. :)))

We had our interview on Nov 16th, 2010. It was in the morning (9:15) and went well(got N652, test passed recommended for approval). Unfortunately there was no oath ceremony on that day. Officer was very nice and she said there was no oath ceremony on that week due to holidays.

We are waiting for oath letter.... hopefully we will get this month...

Tomorrow it will be exactly 90 days since I had an interview which resulted in "Decision cannot be made". I was told that they will let me know within a week but looks like it was a false promise. Anyway, is it advisable to contact USCIS or wait 30 more days as they have 120 days to make a decision? Please advice

Thank you

10/18/2010 - N-400 Mailed - LEWISVILLE
10/20/2010 received date
10/20/2010 priority date
10/25/2010 notice date
10/26/2010 - Check encashed
10/28/2010 FP letter rec'd
11/16/2010 FP scheduled
11/12/2010 Walk-in FP done
12/13/2010: Received YL

Tomorrow it will be exactly 90 days since I had an interview which resulted in "Decision cannot be made". I was told that they will let me know within a week but looks like it was a false promise. Anyway, is it advisable to contact USCIS or wait 30 more days as they have 120 days to make a decision? Please advice
Thank you

Contact them.

I also got a non-decision. The Atlanta office did not give me a firm time for their decision. In fact, the officer said that even if the supervisor looked at the case today (the day of the interview) it would still get caught up in a processing delay. Afterwards my attorney said that they thought it should be about a month or so, so I would likely contact them. As I understand it, you'll have to go through the National Service Center before you can make an INFOPASS appointment at the local office, INFOPASS will ask you for a "service number" something you get after calling the 1-800 number. Of course, they presume you can get through on the 1-800 number, something I've never been able to do before.

Good luck, sincerely,

becky

I called service center today and the lady I spoke with generated a service request. She told me that I will get a response within 30 days. Let's see