Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

any IL recently for Dec filers?

Nothing here

waiting..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well my application was received on Dec 1st and i got my interview for March 3rd. So it is moving...maybe there is backlog b/c of Dec Holidays. I know my FP's were back logged b/c of the Holidays.

Sorry I haven't posted for a while guys. Thanks for your support. My wife took the whole thing pretty hard. Here's a rundown of what happened on February 11th.

0840 Arrived at location and went through security. No problems

0845 Signed in on time. was told to take a seat. There were about 35 or 40 people waiting when we got there.

I watched the process and it seems like they have different sheets with your name already listed on one at the check in window. Once you check in they will pull your sheet and then call you up. The IO will pull your file, walk out into the waitng area and then call your name. I actually thought it moved pretty smoothly.

Once we got there my wife was a complete mess! She was extremely nervous and would not calm down. She was looking at all the IO's as they walked out, hoping to get a "nice" one.

0911 - She got called in by a short black guy with a short afro, black horned rim glasses and a yellow shirt.

0924 - She came back out and told me she did not pass the civics test and that he told her to stay in the waiting area for 25 minutes at which time he would call her back again. She was almost hysterical at this time. she told me that he asked some of the easy questions like, "Who is the President? Obama, but he also asked a lot of the ones she had trouble with. she said he also asked her, "Who was the Vice President?" She said, "Biden" to which he replied, "Who?", She said, "Biden" and he replied, "Biden who?" She was nervous and drew a blank on his first name. If you go by the civics guide, "Biden" is a correct answer. She tried to study but here mind was going a million miles per hour and by that time studying was too late. She said she wanted a cigarette and she has not smoked for 2+ years.

0952 - She went back in and was in there for while. She said he went over the 400 with her and she was really nervous still. He asked her about any tickets and she said that she did have one but it was not listed on the 400 because of my fault. He scolded her with the, whole "When you swore to tell the truth why didn't you tell the truth" routine and this just made things worse for her. I think she pretty much shut down after that and didn't pass the written portion of the civics test. However, In our favor he did have her sign the 400 and the photos. The letter he gave her said that she would receive another letter with 21 days to come back in and retake the civics portion again.

1030 - We were out of there broken hearted.

A few things to note here. You see a lot of easy questions here in the forums and think, "man this will be a piece of cake!" don't take it for granted that you will get easy questions. Also if you get rattled easily and get a tough IO it makes it just that much harder. My wife is one of those that fits that description. He asked her a lot of questions and she was just really shook up on things that she normally would answer okay.

Beware of the short black guy with the afro and black horned rim glasses. she asked him to repeat a question and he said, "I don't have time to sit here a repeat questions. I'm on a strict schedule."

We'll wait for our letter and try again. Hopefully we will not get him and maybe after seeing the process she'll be a little calmer than the first time.

I just hope the signing of the 400 and the photo's is a good thing. Seems like I read on her that tyey keep you file at the district office for 30 days before sending it somewhere?

Thanks again for all the support. Once we get an update we'll post it here. Let me hear your feedback or questions.

Good luck to all in your interviews.

CM23

i don't think it really matter what is the color of the IO.He/She can be orange ,purple,blond ,albino ,white or else. Imagine this.You are going for a job interview. Your first goal is to impress the guys sitting across the table from you. If your whole Demeanor s signaling out fearful,confused and uncomfortable vibe, do you think you will get the job?No. Sorry to hear the new but until she builds up her confidence in the room, it's still going to happen. It's up to us to prove to the IO that we deserve the citizenship and not thier's

Good luck

i don't think it really matter what is the color of the IO.He/She can be orange ,purple,blond ,albino ,white or else. Imagine this.You are going for a job interview. Your first goal is to impress the guys sitting across the table from you. If your whole Demeanor s signaling out fearful,confused and uncomfortable vibe, do you think you will get the job?No. Sorry to hear the new but until she builds up her confidence in the room, it's still going to happen. It's up to us to prove to the IO that we deserve the citizenship and not thier's

Good luck

You are absolutely right. This has to be treated like a job interview. Look the part and play the part. If you are confused or look stressed out, and not focused enough, the interviewer is not impressed. Same in this situation. The IO gets frustrated too and does not think he needs to waste any more time.

Field Office Processing Dates for Atlanta GA as of: December 31, 2009

Form Form Name Processing Timeframe:
I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status August 13, 2009
I600 Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative September 18, 2009
I600A Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition September 18, 2009
N400 Application for Naturalization August 03, 2009
N600 Application for Certification of Citizenship May 31, 2009

Apparently Atlanta is now processing N400 applications average 5.0 months down from 5.7 months from last post

Field Office Processing Dates for Atlanta GA as of: December 31, 2009

Form Form Name Processing Timeframe:
I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status August 13, 2009
I600 Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative September 18, 2009
I600A Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition September 18, 2009
N400 Application for Naturalization August 03, 2009
N600 Application for Certification of Citizenship May 31, 2009

Apparently Atlanta is now processing N400 applications average 5.0 months down from 5.7 months from last post

That's 3 months move.......since last update.....it was june and now it's aug. hoohhhh !!!! it's moving finally

Last edited by a moderator:
I was very surprised that , after being slower than most of all other centers now its even faster that the national average, apparently the national average went up to 5.1months in this last update, lets hope that translates in some interview letters going out soon

I was very surprised that , after being slower than most of all other center now its even faster that the national average, apparently the national average went up to 5.1months in this last update, lets hope that translate in some interview letters going out soon

I agree....and eagerly waiting for LUD change or letter in mail......although yesterday I called CSR and IO told me that you will receive yellow letter and than interview letter...........so let's hope to get a yellow letter since i haven't got one by now....................

Oath Letter

01/14/2005 - GC date (Employment Based)
11/05/2009 - N-400 sent by Express Mail (USPS) (Me and Wife)
11/06/2009 - N-400 delivered, Lewisville, TX
11/06/2009 - Received Date
11/09/2009 - Checks Encashed
11/09/2009 - Priority Date
11/13/2009 - NOA received
12/07/2009 - Finger Printing Notice received
12/23/2009 - Finger Printing Done
12/30/2009 - Online status changed to "sent for a standard interview"
01/02/2010 - Interview Letter received
02/09/2010 - Interview Passed, Oath NOT completed same day.
xx/xx/2010 - Oath completed

Waiting for Oath letter.....

Any idea, how long it takes ?

Just called and talked to an IO, (By the way Trialander, this was a very best practice to get an IO, it worked).........ok so here's the deal.....she said my case is in line, and online LUD is not perfect, it may change and it may not, but for my case she said,........they will most likely send an Interview letter in couple of weeks...........so let's cross fingers.........but many thanks to you trianlander........

IO also told that YELLOW LETTER (CFR)....is computer generated........and everyone gets it by default before interview..........that's what she told me but...........some exceptions are there may be due to computer glitch.............

Called IO today, she didn't tell me date, but she said it is scheduled in APRIL.........and also added that i should be getting IL soon.

Kruz,

do they keep a record of every time you call? You dont think she told you that so you dont call anymore? I am afraid they might do that.

Kruz,

Do they keep a record of every time you call? You dont think she told you that so you dont call anymore? I am afraid they might do that.

Well if that's the case than she would have just told me the date so i don't call often but she just said it's scheduled in april and i never asked which date, also she was very polite and normal tone. I don't think they keep a track of how many time you call. She didn't tell me anything like that. And everytime there's a new IO comes on line. Sometimes I have called just within 2 hours. But never been told like that.

Received email today at around 4 in the morning...............

'This case has been sent for a standard interview. Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. You will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time of your interview ;):D:cool::p

update

Case sent to local office email Notification(self/spouse)
Atlanta DO
-------------------

mailed app to TX((self/spouse): 12/17/09
PD: 12/23/09
Self Spouse Recieved Yellow Letter for DL: 2/2/10
FP Done(self/spouse): 2/8/10
Case sent to local office email Notification(self/spouse): 2/27/10