Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

ok, thanks for your replies.

USCIS is a mystery to me from day 1 anyways.

mailed (self/spouse) 12/17/09
recieved at 12/21/09, TX
checks cashed 12/23/09
RD: 12/21
PD: 12/23
485 LUDs(self/spouse) : 1/11
RFE sent in mail(self/spouse) : 1/14
RFE Email notification(self/spouse) : 1/16
FP scheduled date, received mail (self/spouse): 2/8
Self Spouse Recieved Yellow Letter for DL: 2/2 (FP NOT DONE YET)

Last edited by a moderator:
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT BEFORE I CALL TO CUSTOMER SERVICE ....... for not getting INTERVIEW LETTER ?

How do you get to in touch with Interview Officer............big mistry for me so far ? Customer service never transfered my call to IO ........ Share some tactics.......

Patience little grasshopper

According to the USCIS web page processing times for N400 in Atlanta are 5.7 months, so I think given the current pace at which we got out fingerprints, yellow letter etc, I think we are doing actually great.

I also did a quick review of the old post in this forum and it seems at least a couple of months ago it took between 4-6 weeks from the FP to IL.Of course that was back then, who know what the current volumes are.

Maybe I am used to wait since my GC took years to process.

Good luck

Patience little grasshopper

According to the USCIS web page processing times for N400 in Atlanta are 5.7 months, so I think given the current pace at which we got out fingerprints, yellow letter etc, I think we are doing actually great.

I also did a quick review of the old post in this forum and it seems at least a couple of months ago it took between 4-6 weeks from the FP to IL.Of course that was back then, who know what the current volumes are.

Maybe I am used to wait since my GC took years to process.

Good luck

Thanks for replies............but I have not received yellow letter either..............

Kruz,

Not everybody gets Yellow Letter , some people get if before the interview letter, some people get it after and some people never get it at all. So dont worry too much.

Kruz_patz dont worry buddy it took me around 12-15 days after the FP's to receive the fingerprint letter.

update:

FP done, nothing new.

Noticed in posting
1. that LUD changes 3 days prior to Case sent to local office Status.
2. On an average : 6-7 weeks after FP received, ID date coming.

So, in theory March 21-April 2nd date range all of would get ID?

I am eligible only from March 21, Sunday..

Hang in tight, Mystery continues

On a side note, wonder how people feel losing their birth citizenship :-((

mailed (self/spouse) 12/17/09
recieved at 12/21/09, TX
checks cashed 12/23/09
RD: 12/21
PD: 12/23
485 LUDs(self/spouse) : 1/11
RFE sent in mail(self/spouse) : 1/14
RFE Email notification(self/spouse) : 1/16
Self Spouse Recieved Yellow Letter for DL: 2/2
FP scheduled date, received mail (self/spouse): 2/8
FP Done(self/spouse): 2/8

My experience today:
My appointment was around 12.30 and I was called in around 1.30. There were a few applicants who completed their formalities before me, but were give Feb 23rd as the Oath date and not same day or tomorrow.

The interview was very smooth and easy. The officer who interviewed was a cute looking young lady. I was asked to read and write an english sentence and I was asked 6 civic questions. She approved me for citizenship, but said she can do next day oath. She handed me a letter asking me to wait in the floor below and wait for a reverifying officer to give the final approval.

I waited another hour and half. Few people were asked to come tomorrow for oath (by the primary reviewing officer), but the reverifying officer said that not possible (as there was no oath scheduled tomorrow) and changed their dates to 23rd.

After a while another lady (might not be a officer) handed me the oath letter for tomorrow. When I mentioned what the other officer had told other applicants about no oath tomorrow. She said , If I do not come in tomorrow, my case will be denied. I said fine and came back home.

So I had to go back tomorrow to know whether there is oath or reschedule again.

Rpranesh,

Would you mind sharing yourtimeline with us? when did you mail your application? go your finger prints and got your interview letter?

N-400 mailed: Oct 26th 2009
N-400 received: RD: Oct 28th 2009
N-400 PD: Oct 30th 2009
NOA received: Nov 5th 2009
FP RFE Raised: Nov 17th 2009
FP Date/Scheduled: Dec 14th 2009
Yellow letter received: Dec 28th 2009 (dated Dec 21st)
Case transferred to DO: Dec 30th 2009
Interview: Feb 8th 2010
Oath: Either Feb 9th or Feb 23rd or god knows.

Field Office Processing Dates for Atlanta GA as of : November 30, 2009

If Office is taking longer than USCIS processing goal to handle the form type in question, you will see the filing date (e.g., “April 10, 2003”) of the last case we processed on the date the website chart was last updated.

I485 ------ August 02, 2009
I600 ------ September 16, 2009
I600A ------ September 16, 2009
N400 -------- June 13, 2009
N600 -------- April 16, 2009

Dont be too hard you yourself, you do get another chance right? Did they schedule another interview or do you have to wait for another letter in the mail?

N-400 mailed: Oct 26th 2009
N-400 received: RD: Oct 28th 2009
N-400 PD: Oct 30th 2009
NOA received: Nov 5th 2009
FP RFE Raised: Nov 17th 2009
FP Date/Scheduled: Dec 14th 2009
Yellow letter received: Dec 28th 2009 (dated Dec 21st)
Case transferred to DO: Dec 30th 2009
Interview: Feb 8th 2010
Oath: Done on Feb 9th 2010
PP applied: Feb 10th 2010

Info: Atlanta can/may take 6-8 months

any IL recently for Dec filers?

Nothing here

waiting..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No IL yet........for me as well...........

Recently,
I called customer service and talked to an Immigration Officer on 16th Feb regarding my case update. He was rude in the begining but when I talked to him politely he was getting nice and giving information.

According to him: He said Atlanta - DO has more applicants and it will take time to adjudicate each case as the queue is long. Also, he depcited it in period and it is 6-8 months time:mad: . He didn't mention anything else such as I am in queue for Interview Letter or Interview appointment....Infact He was kind of do not want to provide any additional information..........but He was speaking to himself that I heard is that......Finger Print has been received.....

CROSSING FINGERS FOR ALL OF US........... :confused: