Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Any Movement in TSC

Hi,
Has anyone recently submitted N-400 to TSC, i submitted mine on 7/06 and check hasn't been cashed yet !

TSC is slow now

My wife got the Receipt Notice after one month of sending the application.
I am still waiting.

Our dates are:

Me: (5 year based)

N-400 received by TSC: 06/25/07
Check encashed: 06/29/07
Receipt Notice: Not Received
Fingerprint Notice: Not Received

My Wife: (5 year based)

N-400 received by TSC: 06/19/07
Check encashed: 06/27/07
Receipt Notice: 07/18/2007, PD: 06/19/07
Fingerprint Notice: Not Received

Am I the only one stuck in the name check

I've mailed 03/12, PD is 3/16, FP taken on 4/13 and since then I am in the "name check" for 3 months already. Now, my name could have traces in FBI computers (I had a priviledge of being invited for an interview in 2002 that was prior to me getting GC), but my sources inside FBI tell me that no record exist that I don't entirely believe. Regardless, my sources inside FBI tell me that my name should have bounced off FBI computers the same day and probably it is USCIS that is dragging. USCIS points fingers back at FBI.

I know that prior to 180 days I cannot do anything about that, but what are my options once 180 days are up?

How do you know that you are stuck in name check ?

Did USCIS tell you that you are stuck in name check ?

Checks Cleared

TSC - N400 Timeline so far:

mailed via Priority mail: 07/02/2007
received : 07/06/2007
Check cleared: 07/19/2007.
Priority date:
Receipt notice recd.:
FP Notice recd.:
FP:
INT:
OATH:

Regardless, my sources inside FBI tell me that my name should have bounced off FBI computers the same day and probably it is USCIS that is dragging. USCIS points fingers back at FBI.

I know that prior to 180 days I cannot do anything about that, but what are my options once 180 days are up?

I bet that your source inside FBI is called FOIPA, which is not the same as the name check.
But checking either you are stuck in the name check or not is fairly easy: send a letter to your congressman or Vice President. You will probably get a reply that you are stuck within a month.
FYI, if you are a male from the country of your nick then you can expect to wait for a name check forever.

BTW, you are not the only one stuck in the name check. My PD is 01/19/2007. But I know people who are waiting from 01/2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its done ... !!!

Its done.

Passed citizenship exam and took the oath. Entire process took 3 hours.

I made a mistake in the last post wherein I mentioned the interview date as 25th. It was actually the 24th.

Interview took 15 minutes. Asked basic questions about myself and US History (out of the 100) The US history questions were already printed in my file and she asked the same questions. Enemies of WW II, no. of representatives, governor, independence day, thanksgiving, etc.

Oath took more time than interview. They scheduled 11.00 am and it was over by 12PM. Citizen at 12 Noon today.

Also went to SS office and updated my status.

I didn't know passport applications required me to make an appointment. Anyways, I will go to my local court. They don't require appointment. Will be applying expedited service and hope it comes in a month. My friend's passport took a month and 10 days with regular processing.

Congratulations debhi_111

Hi debhi111,
Congrats!!
My husbands interview is tomorrow. Mine next week.
We are taking documents like passport, green card, drivers license, tax transcripts, any raffic violations docs, selective service docs, marriage certificate, utility bills and photos. Just wanted to know if this is enough.

We will also be applying for the expediated passport service. Will we need to the local court? Can we submit the application at the local post office. And what is the procedure to take an appoinment for passport.

Also wanted to verify the interview location is at the Northlake in the LaVista area.

Thank you for your responses
cpgc

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the appointment was at Lavista Rd office.

The documents you mentioned seem enough. The Officer asked me for my birth certificate and marriage cert. Good thing I had it with me. She didn't ask me for traffic tickets (although we talked about it), she didn't ask me for selective service proof either.

Applied for passport today at the local court. Took about 5 minutes. The Post office requires appointments and every post office has a different no. and the one I tried calling on lawrenceville hwy was busy for 30 minutes, so I decided to apply at the court. I chose expedited and overnight service.

Sharing our timeline...

My husband is the N400 applicant.

I just wanted to share our timeline with others, as we have been helped alot by other folks posting here.

Husband's citizenship done

Hi
Just wanted to share the news my husband's citizenship was done on 26th july.
It was a simple process. About 7-10 questions were asked and then the Oath.

We will be applying fot expediated passport and as we has trip to India coming up soon. Just wanted to know if abtaining a PIO card or applying for the OCI is faster.

Thanks for all your responses
cpgc

Hi
Just wanted to share the news my husband's citizenship was done on 26th july.
It was a simple process. About 7-10 questions were asked and then the Oath.

We will be applying fot expediated passport and as we has trip to India coming up soon. Just wanted to know if abtaining a PIO card or applying for the OCI is faster.

Thanks for all your responses
cpgc

PIO is faster as it is a one-part process done in the US. OCI is more like a 3 part process, and it involves a India process too. PIO took 40 days for my kid and OCI will take 3 months minimum. I will take the PIO for my October trip to India and then convert PIO to OCI by paying $25 after I come back.

Can anyone please tell me approximately how long it took them to get the interview letter from the day they did the fingerprinting.

Would love to have an idea.

Thanks.

It is done

Hi,
My citizenship interview and oath was completed today. Smooth procress like mentioned by others so far. Basic questions from the 100. I had interview at 8.45 but oath was scheduled at 2.00pm.

After the oath applied for passport at the post office less than a mile from the interview location. They do not require prior appoinmrnts but do not accept passport applications after 4pm

We will apply for PIO cards as we have travel coming up in November.

Thank you all for your help and Good Luck
cpgc

Good for you cpgc

Hello cpgc - can you tell me this - how long did it take you to get your interview letter after you did your FP. Also how many out of the 100 questions did they ask you?

Thanks and congrats.:)

My updated timlines

Hi,
Below are our updated timelines,
My husband's:
Mailed in application to TSC: 4/9/07
Received by TSC: 04/12/07
Check cashed: 04/13/07
PD: 04/12/07
FP notice Received: 04/30/07
FP date: 5/17/07
Interview notice Received: 06/25/07
Interview and oath: 07/26/07

Mine:
Mailed in application to TSC: 4/9/07
Received by TSC: 04/16/07
Check cashed: 04/17/07
PD: 04/16/07
FP notice Received: 04/30/07
FP date: 5/22/07
Interview notice Received: 06/25/07
Interview and oath: 07/31/07

They asked about 7 questions from the 100, here are some that I remember,
what are colors of the flag,
who is the commander in chief of the US army
who is the father of the nation
what are the requirements to be eligible for a president
how many chief justices are there
what for do you apply for citizenship
How many branches are there in the government

Thanks
cpgc

My timeline

N400 mailed via priority mail: 07/16/2007
N400 received by TSC: 07/19/2007
Check cleared: not yet cleared (as of 08/01/2007)
Priority date:
Receipt notice recd.:
FP Notice recd.:
FP:
INT:
OATH: