Asylum Final Denial

nepasuna

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I had filed asylum on May 1, 2007, gave interview at Arington service center, but I got a Final Denial Letter from Asylum officer dated. 16 July 2007. The case was prepared by myself. I am still in status till Aug. The letter states I can not appeal. Please suggest me what should be my next step? Can I still go to Immigation court? or I have to refile my case. This time I am going to take help of a lawyer? Please help me?

thanks

Didnt U Get A Notice Of Intend To Deny Begore Before The Denial.i Had My Interview 3 Months Ago But I Didnt Recieve Any Decision Till Now.my Vis Will Exire In 1 Month

Noid / Ij

You get a Notice of Intent to Deny if you have a current valid visa. You are referred to the Judge if you are out of status

Didnt U Get A Notice Of Intend To Deny Begore Before The Denial.i Had My Interview 3 Months Ago But I Didnt Recieve Any Decision Till Now.my Vis Will Exire In 1 Month

Hi, Yes I did get Notice of Intend to Deny and replied that with additional documenttaion, but unfortunately I was fnaly denied stating that I was unable to establish persecution eventhough I had submitted letters from differerent organization and political parties stating that I will have life threat if I return back to my country. I am very much tereified to go back to my country.

Please suggest me what should I do, I am wondering whether I can go to court or I have to reapply coz I am still in status till Aug 7, 2007

Hi, Yes I did get Notice of Intend to Deny and replied that with additional documenttaion, but unfortunately I was fnaly denied stating that I was unable to establish persecution eventhough I had submitted letters from differerent organization and political parties stating that I will have life threat if I return back to my country. I am very much tereified to go back to my country.

Please suggest me what should I do, I am wondering whether I can go to court or I have to reapply coz I am still in status till Aug 7, 2007

That is strange. Even if IO denies your case it should be transferred to Immigration Court. I don't think that IO has enough authority to give you a Final Denial. Definetely get a good lawyer and good luck!

i was denied once

Hi,

I had filed asylum on May 1, 2007, gave interview at Arington service center, but I got a Final Denial Letter from Asylum officer dated. 16 July 2007. The case was prepared by myself. I am still in status till Aug. The letter states I can not appeal. Please suggest me what should be my next step? Can I still go to Immigation court? or I have to refile my case. This time I am going to take help of a lawyer? Please help me?

thanks

you need a lawyer immediately

my case was denied first time by IO, then it was denied again by IJ,

finally, i was lucky i was granted asylum by the court of appeal

good luck to you
dont lose any hope

The Ao Will Not Refer U To Court If U In Valid Status At Time Of Final Denia.he Will Just Close The Case.now U Cn Apply Again For Asylum When U R Ou Of Status And Asylum Office Will Refer U To Ij

The Ao Will Not Refer U To Court If U In Valid Status At Time Of Final Denia.he Will Just Close The Case.now U Cn Apply Again For Asylum When U R Ou Of Status And Asylum Office Will Refer U To Ij

Do not be a liar. This is not true. Status does not matter. Even people out of status get asylum.

Who told you that?

Do not be a liar. This is not true. Status does not matter. Even people out of status get asylum.

Who told you that?

I totally agree with CL Asylee, status does NOT matter at all. You can even be an iligal thar cross the border and that will not influence the turn out of your case.

Comolaflor, you are wrong.

:eek:

I totally agree with CL Asylee, status does NOT matter at all. You can even be an iligal thar cross the border and that will not influence the turn out of your case.

Comolaflor, you are wrong.

:eek:

I think you and Cl_asylee misunderstood Comolaflor. What he/she saying is if your case is denied, if you are in legal status, your case gets closed. If you are out of status at the time of denial, your case is sent to IJ. He/she didn't say that if you are out of status, your asylum is not approved. At least this is how I understood his/her post.

I think you and Cl_asylee misunderstood Comolaflor. What he/she saying is if your case is denied, if you are in legal status, your case gets closed. If you are out of status at the time of denial, your case is sent to IJ. He/she didn't say that if you are out of status, your asylum is not approved. At least this is how I understood his/her post.

You are right, I missunderstood. But I have never before heard what he is saying. Where did you heard that comolaflor? Its interesting!!

Dont Call Comolaflor A "liar'

Who told you that?

YOU CAN DISAGREE WITH ANY MEMBER OF THIS FORUM,
BUT PLEASE DONT CALL ANYBODY A "LIAR",

I THINK ITS NOT FAIR AND IT REFLECTS BADLY ON YOU

I remember when I applied in 2001 my lawyer said that the case would be automaticaly transfered to the Immigration Court in case of denial ONLY if I was out of status at the moment. So you should have waited and applied after your visa expired. Now i believe you can still reopen the case. Good luck.

I understood very well. My case was denied while I was in legal status and I was sent to IJ.

YOU CAN DISAGREE WITH ANY MEMBER OF THIS FORUM,
BUT PLEASE DONT CALL ANYBODY A "LIAR",

I THINK ITS NOT FAIR AND IT REFLECTS BADLY ON YOU

YOU ARE RIGHT. However, I have tried to explain to comolaflor many times that status does not matter. Reading his post just make me mad. Sorry comolaflor and Mr. John Smith if I offeded you.

If that makes you feel better I am super liar:p

Muerto el perro, muerta la rabia: The better way to solve a problem, to attack the cause.