Asylum case pending vs mariage to a US citizen

cadel

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
How easy is for anyone with a pending asylum(Case in immigration court) who wants to get legalized by getting maried to a US citizen?
Anyone here knows what to do?

I am guessing you should not have any problem since you are on witholding status, Isn,t it some kind of beeing legual?I would go for it.

If the case is still pending with the Immigration Court, the person is not in withholding status. That decision will be made by the Immigration Judge at an individual hearing.

If you are married to a USC, I would file an I-130 immediately. Then, when the I-130 is approved, I would make a motion to terminate proceedings. I would also request continuances until the I-130 is adjudicated.

You really need an attorney's guidance on this. A mistake in immigration court can be catastrophic.

Jim Mills
941-323-3711

If the case is still pending with the Immigration Court, the person is not in withholding status. That decision will be made by the Immigration Judge at an individual hearing.

If you are married to a USC, I would file an I-130 immediately. Then, when the I-130 is approved, I would make a motion to terminate proceedings. I would also request continuances until the I-130 is adjudicated.

You really need an attorney's guidance on this. A mistake in immigration court can be catastrophic.

Jim Mills
941-323-3711

James Mills thank you so much.