Asylum application disappeared.

Jimi_Mithani

I am from Pakistan; I applied for Asylum at USA due to the religious issue at Pakistan. It's almost 40 days to apply, but I didn't get any receipt or "A" number. I called to customer service regarding my application, and they told me there isn't application in their system with my name and DOB. I wrote a letter to Vermont service center regarding my application but didn't get any response. What should I do now?
I will appreciate you response.

Thanks,

Arum Kumar

This might be a problem with the emailing. They might not have received your application or you might not have send it to the right place.

So, my advice will be for you to double-check the address to be sent to and then resend another application.

Usually once your application is received, you will receive a notice of receipt (with the A number) 2 or 3 weeks later.

Thank you for you prompt response.
I sent to the proper address but may be there is problem to return address. Is it okay if I go personally to the local asylum office to check my application update?

When you mailed your documents, you should have a tracking number which confirms your application was delivered to them.
Get that information and verify with them so that they can track where the application is.
In the worst case scenario, the USPS might have delivered it to a wrong po box.