Asylee travel with RTP and NP

konimi

Hello,

I like to know whether anyone had travelled to a third country (not COP) while still in Asylee status using their NP.

My asylum just got granted last month. Due to work matter, I need to travel to Singapore in the end of this year. I understand that I would need to have RTP in order to be able to enter US. But RTP is not recognised as a valid document for entry into Singapore. I still have my NP valid (renewed before my asylum case was granted). If I apply for Singapore visa using my NP (and will get the singapore immigration stamp on it when I enter & leave the country), will I encounter issue entering US - considering my RTP will be blank?

Thank you in advance for the information.

Hello, could you please tell us how was your experience? I'm sure you're a PR by now, did you have by problems getting back into the US? I'm traveling next month and I would like to know what to expect at the POE, thanks.

At POE, the officer would want to know how long you were gone, usually asylee are sent to secondary inspection.
I have spent so many hours everytime I flew. They will check your bags, ask question.....
I dont think this is good idea to travel and not use your travel document.
Asylee is like temporary visa that can revoked any time...and the best place to start it is at point of entry....thats why some never travel at all.
I used to have more peace when I became permanent resident.
Any advice?

I know a couple of people who went to their COP directly, with a COP passport, and they were never hassled at the POE. The naturalisation interview is where you may be questioned, but one of these people that I know was not (one was, but had proof of sick parents).