Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2009 Tracker

Hi everyone, Sorry I haven't visited this forum for quite a while.

Big congratz to Lolalai for becoming a proud US citizen. I hope we all can say that in the very near future. Good to see some old timers. Hey Lazer, Wantmygcnow, flashington, Kalvar and numerous others.
I just sent my application yesterday, although I could have mailed it 19 days ago. Call me lazy okay :p
I'll keep everyone posted as it progresses through different stages.

I actually consider your "laid-back" approach to USC application as wise. For, it is better to be late than sorry-- just like few folks who got their applications denied!

I am myself due to apply on Sept 2nd of this year, but I would prefer sending the application on 09/09/09 at 09:09 am :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Lolali,
So, now you are saying that even going to neighboring country of COP can be an problem. For years i have been reading on this forum, that visiting neighboring country is ok. Do have any facts to prove this or it's just your opinion ?

Big congratz to Lolalai for becoming a proud US citizen. I hope we all can say that in the very near future. Good to see some old timers. Hey Lazer, Wantmygcnow, flashington, Kalvar and numerous others.
I just sent my application yesterday, although I could have mailed it 19 days ago. Call me lazy okay :p

Heeeey my friend Punjabi, nice to have you back, good luck with your N-400, I'll send those papers in about a month.

You have a point with the weekend issue, I'll find something new to do:D

Be in touch with the progress of your application.

Good to hear from you Mundeya.. Good luck and keep us posted on the progress. May be you can create signature card for dates...
and yeah welcome back ;-)

I don't think they object to international travel - but they ask for the list of countries to ascertain whether or not you've been back to the COP. For example, visiting a neighboring country may cause a red flag to go up since it is easy for someone to sneak across the border to their COP. So they look for those kinds of things.

traveling to neighbor COP might be problem! Is it so? I am planning to go to neighboring country to see my parents.....interesting thing is my COP doesn't need visa to that neighboring country.
What might be the consequences?

None.

Thanks

Thanks John Smith, Flashington, thefree and Jattasylee. I'll definitely keep you guys posted. Today I'm working in my vegetable garden but may be in the next few days I'll create my signature. Anybody for the fresh produce? Let me know now :) Pretty soon I'll have a lot of fresh home grown veggies.

Thanks John Smith, Flashington, thefree and Jattasylee. I'll definitely keep you guys posted. Today I'm working in my vegetable garden but may be in the next few days I'll create my signature. Anybody for the fresh produce? Let me know now :) Pretty soon I'll have a lot of fresh home grown veggies.

PM,

The only issue with the garden work in my backyard is that I have a tough time of bug-control. Last year was a disaster; this year I started earlier for pest-control but so far so bad!

Nice to have you back.

Signature

Signature updated as promised.
Thanks Windywd, and thank God I don have the pest control issues but I do have weed problem. Oh not the weed you are thinking of ;):p:). The actual weeds and I'm trying to keep up with them. We had some good rain last week which was very nice.

had citizenship interview today in San Jose, CA

I had a scheduled citizenship interview today in San Jose, CA. The officer was warm, nice and smiling all the way through the interview. She first aksed me to put my driver's license, greencard and all passports on the desk, quickly asked questions in Part 10 D Good Moral Character section of N-400, asked me if there are any changes to N-400 (yes, I made a few business travels after filing N-400 so I gave her the updated page), verified name/address/employment/spouse/children information through N-400. She then gave me 3 history questions, one reading and one writing, said you passed the interview:D and your citizenship application is recommended for approval:D:D:D. It is up to 3 months to receive the OL:confused:.

The whole process took about 15-20 minutes.

I am an AS6 asylee. I have never travelled back to COP, nor renewed passport since being asylee/PR. The officer did not ask any question regarding asylum/COP/passport. However, she finger-tipped through the expired passport. She did not touch my RP that has mutiple visas and stamps of recent trips.

Congratulations!

Thanks.

One more thing, get to the office as early as possible. We arrived 20 minutes earlier. I was called in immediately when we put the appointment letters into the window (or 10 seconds after we sat down in waiting room). When my interview was finished and I sat down waiting for my wife, I noticed the clock showed the time of my interview.

My wife has an exact same scheduled time as mine but was called in 10 minutes later (still 10 minutes earlier than scheduled). Her interview was almost identical as mine, except she travelled back a few time since becoming PR. The officer just verified the dates of the last travel. No other questions.

Thanks.

One more thing, get to the office as early as possible. We arrived 20 minutes earlier. I was called in immediately when we put the appointment letters into the window (or 10 seconds after we sat down in waiting room). When my interview was finished and I sat down waiting for my wife, I noticed the clock showed the time of my interview.

My wife has an exact same scheduled time as mine but was called in 10 minutes later (still 10 minutes earlier than scheduled). Her interview was almost identical as mine, except she travelled back a few time since becoming PR. The officer just verified the dates of the last travel. No other questions.

qlyus,

Was it the same officer who interviewed you and your wife?

apply citizinship

I send my N400 application to P.O. Box 21251 Phoenix, AZ 85036, but postoffice sent to zip 85034 I don't know why?

I send my N400 application to P.O. Box 21251 Phoenix, AZ 85036, but postoffice sent to zip 85034 I don't know why?

it happened to me too, i send it to AZ , THEN I RECEIVED THE RETURN RECEIPT STAMPED BY TEXAS SERVICE CENTER, AND AFTE 10 DAYS
I RECEIVED THE CASE RECEIPT NOTICE FROM MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER,

DON NOT WORRY ABOUT IT

lookingforgreen what is time line? I am waiting for IL since I done my FP in June, so far I received yellow checklist for IL

To pjsingh

lookingforgreen what is time line? I am waiting for IL since I done my FP in June, so far I received yellow checklist for IL

According to my personal experience and by reading other's timeline, you should receive your Interview letter 3 to 5 weeks after fingerprint.

I can see your's is a little bit late, already. You may call Customer Service and speak to a second level Immigration Officer to know if your letter was sent.

All the best for you