• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Arrangement of names on dv docs

KUMI Adu

B.Cert: Surname. Given names
Mensah. Ramatu Arku

INL. surname. Given names.
Mensah. Arku Ramatu

PP. Surname. Given names
Mensah. Ramatu Arku

DS 260. Surname. Given names
Mensah. Ramatu Arku

2NL. Surname. Given names
Mensah. Arku Ramatu

High sch. Surname. Given names
Mensah. Arku Ramatu

Degree. Ramatu Mensah Arku. here the surname is in the middle of the arrangement. Can this cause visa denial in accra? if yes what can be done to reduce the risk?

Last edited:
In Accra there is suspicion over false documents - particularly education documents. So the difference on the educational documents and your eDV entry (as shown by the 1NL/2NL) which do not match the official documents is a concern. It could be enough for a refusal in Accra. I don't suggest you do anything - if your case is genuine and your documents are real, the last thing you want to do is try to "fix" anything. All you can do is hope the CO sees you are genuine.

Ooh Right, but fortunately for me my pic is on my High school certificate. so I think that would be enough to justify my genuinity. Or still in Accra there's a chance of denial

Ooh Right, but fortunately for me my pic is on my High school certificate. so I think that would be enough to justify my genuinity. Or still in Accra there's a chance of denial

That improves your chance - but in Accra the denial rate is still very high - which suggests they are still suspicious of the documents being presented.

In Accra there is suspicion over false documents - particularly education documents. So the difference on the educational documents and your eDV entry (as shown by the 1NL/2NL) which do not match the official documents is a concern. It could be enough for a refusal in Accra. I don't suggest you do anything - if your case is genuine and your documents are real, the last thing you want to do is try to "fix" anything. All you can do is hope the CO sees you are genuine.

Thanks Brit for your advice, I appreciate that, will make sure I do my best to prove my genuity before the consular. However can the swearing of affidavit also improve my chance?

Thanks Brit for your advice, I appreciate that, will make sure I do my best to prove my genuity before the consular. However can the swearing of affidavit also improve my chance?

I really don't think affidavits have much power. If the CO thinks your documents are false, having one more document that you present is just one more bit of false paper. However, that is my mindset based on my experience. You decide for yourself.