April Visa Bulletin Publised

puerthoughts said:
You are right gravitation,

I feel the same here. The best solution is not to plan anything based on assumptions. The reality is in front of us and no one put a gun on our head to apply for the GC. We signed up for that and it is our future. Why in the world i should expect that someone will come with a GC in plate and beg me to get that on my name !!?

It is a good thing to make an educated guess but no need to let our steam off on these kind of news. We have a long way to go my friends and we will need all the energy to survive.

Remember : SURVIVAL of the FITTEST rule from Darvin...

Best Luck to all of us.

I have mixed feeings about this bulletin. Eventhough I am glad that EB2 moved 6 months again, I really feel bad about the EB3 situation. I could well have been a EB3, except for my attorney filed me under EB2 without my knowledge(Can't complain now I guess). I almost feel guilty about being happy.

But, guys remember that anything can happen with USCIS. There were times in the past where the EB3 dates were ahead of EB2. No Law is forever with them. Good luck everyone.

what a crap , how many more months we have to put up. once a month dose.
swadesh yatra will be better than living like this in a limbo state.

pitha...you got it right...........i dont know how people with EB3-india/china with PD after Jan 2003 can think that they will get a relief in a short time.

without a legistlation.....it will take atleast 2-3 years for the above category........till then and six months after that they are at mercy of their current employer....

I have a similar guess about EB2-india/china with PD of jan 2004 (I have heard that many people had started filing in EB2 after 2003).

and if someone in EB3-india/china is with a PD after JUN 2004......i cannot even do a rough estimate......

we all(eb3-Jan 2003 and eb2-jan 2004) need a alternative plan other than GC....else we may just rot for 2-3 years and will end up with nothing in hand.(my friend had to change job after 4 years of GC process...and everything became a restart)

need to talk to USCIS for 485 status.

Nadi said:
EB2 - INDIA guys will be celebrating this weekend ------ a neat 6 months leap ... I am sure there are many guys who are around PD JUL 2002 area...

Good luck EB-2 guys ... I hope to see this forum filled with lot many approval news ....

Per the april bulletin, USCIS is now processing eb2 applications as of jul 03. My priority is sept 02, who can I call to find out what is happening with my application.
any details and ph #s would be appreciated..
thanks,
nakul

I mis-typed..

spulla said:
It is July '02 not 03. So you gotta wait. Unfortunately.

I mis-typed, you're right - the current processing date is july 02...and my PD is sept 01.
So, I am current by several months. Actually, for my date became current per the march bulletin itself but I have'nt seen any action or movement so I wanted to contact USCIS directly...hence the request for the number.

thanks..

Alternative is canada gc

Alternative is applying for a Canada Green Card. You don't need to go there or have a job there to apply. As long as you meet the point requirement, you can apply by yourself. http://www.doityourselfcanada.com provide an ebook about everything you need to apply. All your cost will be the application fee.

Processing time is 9-12 months. Maybe you can get US green card by then, or maybe not, it is a back-up plan. All you are risking is application fee and few days preparation work.

First check if you qualify:
http://www.doityourselfcanada.com/requirements.htm