April/May/June, 03 concurrent (140/485) filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I applied my I-140 in the end of Novemver but no news. Then
applied I-485 /EAD/AP in the first week of Jun (received date) as concurrent.
I and my spouse got EAD/AP approval on 16-JUL-2003. Finger printing no news yet.

Gurus !! give me a favour
I need a favour from you guys!!
My friend labour has got cleared and now he is going to file for 140/485/EAD/ap Concurently .. He told me that his attorney is charging him hell lot of money ..Could you guys pls tell me approxmately howmuch we need to pay to attorney ..
I just need a figure ..
Guys we are loosing a hell lot of money on this yaar

Kishu

Kishu:

Whether you go the concurrent way or one after the other, it will essentially be the same total. Mind you the grand total.

Concurrent would entail paying for both I140 + I 485 fees in addition (EAD, AP fees) if you are applying too.

Based on my limited knowledge, I can provide a ball park figure of what respected immigration lawyers (firangi). If they charge > $6000 (includes charges for ads, lc, I140, I485, EAD, AP) for the whole goddamned GC process they are ripping you off.

Like always, dont take my word verbatim. Check with other resources.

Hope this helps.

:cool:

My March 140 also approved

Just found out that my 140 was approved
I140 EB2
mailing date: 03/07/2003
Receipt date: 03/21/2003
Approval date:07/25/2003
I485&EAD
mailing date:05/21/2003
Receipt date:06/04/2003
EAD Approval date:07/17/2003

Would somebody add my info for me?
Thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
Question ?

I tried to get the EAC numbers for my EAD and I-485 in vain. The company's attorney and the HR division doesnt reciprocate my queries. I also tried to call up the 1-800 number and it proved fruitless. Being said all these, I know my EAC number for I-140. Will my EAD and I-485 would also have the same receipt dates ?

Any help would be appreciated.

ASKING AN OFT-ASKED QUESTION

Hi all,
I know I'm asking a question which has beaten to death (regarding travel during AOS), but I want to be re-assured, so I'm asking again.
My 140/485 was filed end of May. I got EAD and AP has come to lawyer, going to collect it now. I-140 has not been cleared. My I-94 has expired. New H1 is valid till December 2003, NOT stamped. No time for revalidation.
I'm the primary applicant, my husband has a valid H1, so no problem.

a) Is there a risk for me in travelling to the UK? Want to travel in 2 weeks.
b) If no risk, then what documents do I need?

Has anyone travelled in a similar situation ?? experiences??

Thanks for any help.
J Rao

Re: ASKING AN OFT-ASKED QUESTION

O.K. AS you dont have a H1 b stamping on your passport when you leave the country ... you must get a h1 b stamping when you out of country ..So in this case you have to get the stamping of H1 from your native country .Here in your case you are not going to india ..So you will get problem once you leave the country . But as you said you have EAD and Ap you can utilise it .. But once if you go to EAD status you are out of H1. Take care of that ..Why becasue still your I-140 is pending right ...So its your wish whether you will take EAD /AP in consideration

Originally posted by jrao124
Hi all,
I know I'm asking a question which has beaten to death (regarding travel during AOS), but I want to be re-assured, so I'm asking again.
My 140/485 was filed end of May. I got EAD and AP has come to lawyer, going to collect it now. I-140 has not been cleared. My I-94 has expired. New H1 is valid till December 2003, NOT stamped. No time for revalidation.
I'm the primary applicant, my husband has a valid H1, so no problem.

a) Is there a risk for me in travelling to the UK? Want to travel in 2 weeks.
b) If no risk, then what documents do I need?

Has anyone travelled in a similar situation ?? experiences??

Thanks for any help.
J Rao

ASKING AN OFT-ASKED QUESTION

Hi ,
WHat does it mean to "go to EAD"? Do I have to do anything special for it? What do I show at the airport when I get back? EAD or H1?

Thanks
J Rao

Re: ASKING AN OFT-ASKED QUESTION

Go to EAD means you have to USE the EAD .. (Immediately you are out of H1) .Talk to your company i think they might give you more info on "ON EAD" and ON H1.
thanks

Originally posted by jrao124
Hi ,
WHat does it mean to "go to EAD"? Do I have to do anything special for it? What do I show at the airport when I get back? EAD or H1?

Thanks
J Rao

J Rao:

I am in a similar situation. I do not have an EAD but got my AP. I am planning to go to Canada in about 3 weeks from now. My h1 petition is valid until mid next year. My H1 visa expired in Jun 2003. I think my situation is similar to yours.

I have written correspondence with my attorney, and she says that using AP at port of entry is all I need. Keeping in mind I am still on H1.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

gc_majburi

Thanks, gc_majburi. I think you are in a similar situation. Is the AP all you have to show at point of entry? How about H1?

J Rao

See this could be one option and answer for you guys!!
See once you are in EAD means you are on workpermit and its doesnot matter that weather you are on H1 or your h1 is stamped or not .. Then you can utilize your AP. So in my belief you must and should enter in to EAD.
YOu can use H1 it self incase if you have H1 stamp valid for longer time . But here your H1 stamping is over .So i think you should use EAD.. and AP

Originally posted by gc_majburi
J Rao:

I am in a similar situation. I do not have an EAD but got my AP. I am planning to go to Canada in about 3 weeks from now. My h1 petition is valid until mid next year. My H1 visa expired in Jun 2003. I think my situation is similar to yours.

I have written correspondence with my attorney, and she says that using AP at port of entry is all I need. Keeping in mind I am still on H1.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

JRao:

You use AP because you are technically adjusting status from non-immigrant to immigrant. One does not need to use EAD to utilize AP as a substitute for valid visa. Visa is once again a permit to enter. Nothing beyond that.

My attorney has clearly stated unequivocal terms.

Caveat:

Please use my opinion at your discretion. No extrinsic or intrinsic guarantees.

I would suggest you take a decision after due confabulations with your attorney. This approach would save your skin incase the IIO at Port Of Entry might mis-interprets (out of obvious blissful ignorance) you can fall back on your attorney's written assurance.

Cheers

JRao:

Forgot to mention about H1. Ofcourse you have to carry H1 related documents incase the cerebral cells of IIO start vibrating at low frequencies.

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.