April 2012 N-400 Tracker

Congrats!

Relieved and happy that it is over finally. Had the oath in Phoenix on a lazy Friday afternoon. Less than a 100 took oath with us. We were allowed inside the courtroom at 12:30 PM. They verified the oath letter and GC and asked us to confirm the answers. It wasn't a happy moment to let go the GC as all the struggle was for that one. Reluctantly handed over that and got seated. The USCIS person briefed about the ceremony events after which the social security , passport and voter registration representatives talked briefly. They let the friends and relatives by 1:00 PM. The judge entered promptly at 1:30 PM and the ceremony began. He talked about the importance of the event and started the oath followed by pledge and finally the national anthem. After a few of the citizens had a chance to share their experience, the judge thanked and left. They distributed the naturalization certificate We had the SSA forms filled already and could turn that in before a big line formed. We were out of the building by 2:45 PM.

Wishing everyone that this in the process or waiting to be an immigrant, good luck as that is what you will need in this big gamble with USCIS.

Congratulations!

Done with interview today. Everything went good. Officer asked everything from the form, including when I started to work for current company and how many times I was abroad. When asking about citation, I talked about my ticket - she didn't ask for any documents for it. She realized that I want to drop my patronymic name and use only first and last name - no problem. At the end she asked me to raise and read aloud the oath just to be sure, I understand it.
Good luck to everyone in queue!

congratulations

Done with interview today. Everything went good. Officer asked everything from the form, including when I started to work for current company and how many times I was abroad. When asking about citation, I talked about my ticket - she didn't ask for any documents for it. She realized that I want to drop my patronymic name and use only first and last name - no problem. At the end she asked me to raise and read aloud the oath just to be sure, I understand it.

Congratulations...What is your DO where you have the Oath ceremony along with your interview?

congrats again.

No change in status

since doing your FP, did your online status changed to in line for interview? or still initial review?

it is still in Initial Review...its been 3 weeks..I am seeing folks take about a month after their FP to get a change in status. Lets hope my case moves faster.

congrats!

Hi voldemarv,
Did your wife get the oath letter or did you talk to the officer to put the oath for both of you at the same time. My wife though finished interview 3 weeks ago has not got the oath letter. but during her interview she mentioned about my case and then the officer told her they can hold her case (FOR OATH) until I finish the interview.

Congratulations...What is your DO where you have the Oath ceremony along with your interview? congrats again.
Thanks, I wish it was oath ceremony :) Here in St. Louis it takes up to 2 month to get it. It was just oath reading to check if I understand it. After it I got a question to describe what it means for me to be US citizen.

Hi voldemarv,
Did your wife get the oath letter or did you talk to the officer to put the oath for both of you at the same time. My wife though finished interview 3 weeks ago has not got the oath letter. but during her interview she mentioned about my case and then the officer told her they can hold her case (FOR OATH) until I finish the interview.
My wife has not got oath letter yet and I did talk to officer to have oath together. She made a special note on our cases.

To be continued ...

it is still in Initial Review...its been 3 weeks..I am seeing folks take about a month after their FP to get a change in status. Lets hope my case moves faster.

in order to know if your stuck in FBI namecheck, you can schedule an infopass with local uscis office and see what is going on with your namecheck.

My wife and I have been in line for interview since June 14 for Chicago DO (Applied mid April / FP done June 12). Things move very slow rigth there. We have also seen other cases with later priority dates than ours moving very fast, which is very frustrating. Our cases are pretty starigth forward. :(
Good luck!

Interview done

I had my interview today, reached 15 min early and waited, there were only couple of other people in the room waiting. Called me at past 10 min the scheduled time. The officer was very friendly and gone through my application first and with little chatting about my job. Then he asked me to read" who can vote' and write "citizens can vote" then straight to the questions (not in the order)
1. who are the people bought to US as slaves?
2. why did the colonist fight with the British?
3. How many amendments are there?
4. who is the vice president?
5. what is the highest court in US?
6. who make the federal law?
Congratulated for passing, and told that the oath will be scheduled in 2 months time and I requested to have the oath along with my wife and he said he will link my application with her.
Interestingly we both had the same officer.
Now wait for the oath!

I had my interview today, reached 15 min early and waited, there were only couple of other people in the room waiting. Called me at past 10 min the scheduled time. The officer was very friendly and gone through my application first and with little chatting about my job. Then he asked me to read" who can vote' and write "citizens can vote" then straight to the questions (not in the order)
Congratulated for passing, and told that the oath will be scheduled in 2 months time and I requested to have the oath along with my wife and he said he will link my application with her.
Now wait for the oath!

Congratulations!!!!

Long wait in Chicago

Now wait for the oath!

Congratulations to goody_y. :D

Some of us are still in our 120+ day and counting and still no interview date in Chicago DO. I wonder in the new applicants from the program that started yesterday to avoid removal, will slow things down even more. Either way I'm happy for your case. Consider yourself lucky it moved that fast. By the way do you live in Pittsburhg or in a rural area? Somebody posted yesterday that if you live in a large metropolitan area things move faster that if you live far away from the big cities. As it is my case. Regards.

Some of us are still in our 120+ day and counting and still no interview date in Chicago DO. I wonder in the new applicants from the program that started yesterday to avoid removal, will slow things down even more. Either way I'm happy for your case. Consider yourself lucky it moved that fast. By the way do you live in Pittsburhg or in a rural area? Somebody posted yesterday that if you live in a large metropolitan area things move faster that if you live far away from the big cities. As it is my case. Regards.

Thanks pajerito, I do not live in Pittsburg, actually live in West Virginia, since the DO office is close to us they do the processing at this office. Sorry to note that you guys in Chicago are still waiting for interview, I thought in cities like CA things are moving faster than other places. Last week my friend in Baltimore did his interview and same day oath (took 5 months ). Wish you get interview soon.

April N400 Forum

Congratulations good_y ,

Pajerito here is what i have seen in past couple of weeks ....

what i have seen for Chicago DO from " http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400 " is , it takes about 100 days approximately to get the YL and Interview Letter, and interview date will be approximately 131st day ( From the date USCIS receive the application or Receipt Date )

So when you go to http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400 , put " Phoenix " in Service Center:box and " Chicago " in USCIS District Office: box, wait for 10 or 20 seconds depending upon the speed of your computer and then click Priority date column , this will sort the table and there you go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations good_y ,

what i have seen for Chicago DO from " http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400 " is , it takes about 100 days approximately to get the YL and Interview Letter, and interview date will be approximately 131st day ( From the date USCIS receive the application or Receipt Date )

So when you go to http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400 , put " Phoenix " in Service Center:box and " Chicago " in USCIS District Office: box, wait for 10 or 20 seconds depending upon the speed of your computer and then click Priority date column , this will sort the table and there you go.

Can you please add in your signature the day you did the FP. I am just trying to see how many days after doing the FP you got the email stating in queue for interview.

Thank you

Congratulations good_y ,

Thank you for the input bonji. Your case is very similar to ours (my wife and me). Our priority date is 4/19; FP 6/12; placed in line for interview on 6/14. No movement since then. 120 days since PD and 65 since FP and counting. Another forum member suggested that living outside of Chicago (our case) delays things. I noted you received your e-mail for interview on day 97. I'm not sure why our case is not moving at all.
Good luck with your interview next week, please post the details :cool:.

April N400 Forum

Thank you for the input bonji. Your case is very similar to ours (my wife and me). Our priority date is 4/19; FP 6/12; placed in line for interview on 6/14. No movement since then. 120 days since PD and 65 since FP and counting. Another forum member suggested that living outside of Chicago (our case) delays things. I noted you received your e-mail for interview on day 97. I'm not sure why our case is not moving at all.
Good luck with your interview next week, please post the details :cool:.

Thanks good_y and pajerito, sure i need good wishes .. pajerito we all wish that you get the Interview letter soon.

Some one just said to me to take the Birth Certificate , Marriage Certificate , and a lot of other documents for interview , i am wondering , my case is employment based why do i need to take all the documents. Any Ideas suggestions any body. i am planing to just take
1) DL
2) GC
3) Passports
4) SSN card