April 2009, Filers, Post here

I had received one RFE for my husband's 2007 tax Returns. I guess that's the reason for the delay for my case.

Did anyone else receive any RFE???

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Tinkerbelluk, i hope that happens for us, but I filed a stand alone I-130 for my husband and we are not in the states like all of you are. We are living in Morocco till he is approved and were on the plane moving to the US with his greencard. So we will probably have an interview cause we are not in the US. What do you think? Maybe we should call them and tell them ive been living with him in Morocco since Jan and we will get lucky and get approved without an interview. That would be a dream come true. You guys and gals are so lucky and i wish you all the best.
Take care, sweetcitywife
:)

I know what you mean, my husband and i decided to come in the fiance route so filed I-129f for the fiance visa. then filed for aos over here, just to warn you it will prob take 9 or so months from the date you filed to getting back to the USA, as I129F and I130 stand alone applications usually take the same amount opf time.

Received EAD Card !!!

Hi all,

Quick Update:

Day 38: 2nd EAD Prod Ordered Update, also I-131 Appoval Notice
Day 42: Received EAD Card

Thanks,

- Raj.

Does an EAD mean you can accept any employment offer ? Is it possible to run a business too ?

Here is the latest update on my case:

=============================================
District Office: Mount Laurel, NJ
(I-130, I-485, I-325, I-693, I-864, I-765, I-131)
Day 00, 04/27/2009 Mailed applications via USPS Priority Mail
Day 02, 04/29/2009 Application received by USCIS
Day 09, 05/05/2009 Checks Cashed.
Day 12, 05/08/2009 NOAs received for I130, I485, I131, I765
Day 19, 05/15/2009 Received FP notice for 06/02/2009
Day 37, 06/02/2009 FP Appointment @ USCIS Elizabeth, NJ
Day 38, 06/03/2009 EAD Card Approved. Received email from CRIS (USCIS) + USCIS Website updated.
Day 38, 06/03/2009 LUD on I485. Application touched.
Day 39, 06/04/2009 LUD on I765. EAD Production Ordered.
Day 39, 06/04/2009 LUD on I131. Travel Document Approved.
Day 43, 06/08/2009 Received Advance Parole Visa (2 sets)
Day 43, 06/08/2009 Second LUD on I765. EAD Production Ordered (2nd Time)

Does an EAD mean you can accept any employment offer ? Is it possible to run a business too ?

Hello xbsd: I'm so happy that you finally recieved your EAD card. responding your question: You can work, if you have current authorization until the expiration date on the card, then you should request another card(is that the case). but probably by then you will have your physical Permanent resident card. with the EAD Card, You can work for any company, except for certain goverment jobs, because is exclusive for US citizen. but if you are planning to run a business you sure have the green light. Congratulation.:)

Odd, people have filed after me (even people in the May filers thread) and they're getting EAD before me. USCIS works in mysterious ways. Oh well, congrats to all you who have been getting their EAD's.

hello Everyone: I just want to keep an update updated it and Just let you know that last week, On wend. I went ot the SS Administration to get my mom Social, and finally it arrive yesterday. so that another step. any other update from you guys?

Hello xbsd: I'm so happy that you finally recieved your EAD card. responding your question: You can work, if you have current authorization until the expiration date on the card, then you should request another card(is that the case). but probably by then you will have your physical Permanent resident card. with the EAD Card, You can work for any company, except for certain goverment jobs, because is exclusive for US citizen. but if you are planning to run a business you sure have the green light. Congratulation.:)

I have a question regarding EAD. A person who is on H1B visa, got EAD through GC petition, can he/she work with present SSN or does that person has to get a new SSN if he/she prefer to use new EAD

I have a question regarding EAD. A person who is on H1B visa, got EAD through GC petition, can he/she work with present SSN or does that person has to get a new SSN if he/she prefer to use new EAD

You are issued SSN once for life..so you'll use the same SSN.

Odd, people have filed after me (even people in the May filers thread) and they're getting EAD before me. USCIS works in mysterious ways. Oh well, congrats to all you who have been getting their EAD's.

Hi CJ
Just wanted to say hi and give you some support. I am also awaiting news since my BIO on June 16th. I know it's depressing to see others come after you and they get approved in as little as 1 day. It'll be over soon don't worry.
I'm also at the NBC and my case has been online since they received my application back on April 23rd. There was an update after I did my bio on May 19th but nothing since.
Just trying to stay composed and not get impatient;)

Ok so I received a letter today with my Interview date for July 21st (my birthday). I checked the online status and nothing has changed yet so don't always count on the online case status to be correct.
Still no word about my EAD.
My husband is currently deloyed so I will have to get it postponed.

WOw you are the first one to get interview letter..

What date did u send applications?

Ok so I received a letter today with my Interview date for July 21st (my birthday). I checked the online status and nothing has changed yet so don't always count on the online case status to be correct.

Brown,

Thank you for the words of encouragement. And congrats on getting your interview letter already, wow that's fast. Good point about status online not always reflecting the latest updates and such, who knows maybe I will get lucky and come home to an EAD without it even showing online.

Always interesting to have an interview date on some significant date such as a birthday or anniversary. Best of luck in your journey.

CJ

Congrats to you all who got the EAD!!!!

One question.. How is the job market for EAD Holders???? Or people are reluctant to EAD also???

Best of Luck to you all

Thanks CJ..I won't be able to go to the interview until November of this year unless they defer me to mid Aug when my hubby comes for a 2 week vacation from Afghanistan..

Nycfeng I initailly filed on Mar 20th but it was rejected for sending too much money. I resent it either on April 9th or 16th (mixed up my weeks) and the receipts are dated April 23rd.

I'm praying for an EAD approval soon.

Good Luck to everyone.

Well I am happy to report that I came into work this morning, checked USCIS.gov as I always do and saw that on June 11, 2009 my EAD Card Production has been ordered.

Thanks to all and best of luck to all on your journeys and hope your EAD comes soon. Sent my package April 20, 2009 got EAD June 11, 2009. That is quick. Good to know things are speeding up.

CJ

Well I am happy to report that I came into work this morning, checked USCIS.gov as I always do and saw that on June 11, 2009 my EAD Card Production has been ordered.

Thanks to all and best of luck to all on your journeys and hope your EAD comes soon. Sent my package April 20, 2009 got EAD June 11, 2009. That is quick. Good to know things are speeding up.

CJ

Hello Everybody and special Canadian John: I'm so happy to heard that you finally got your EAD card. maybe today the mailman will bring you good news in your mail box. More and more people are recieving the EAD card, soon the IL Interview letter. pls keep post it. and relax enjoy the weekend.

It will be beneficial to others if everyone here could post their timeline along with their district office thru their signature line. I know some people don't even know what's a signature line, thus they just post their timeline in only one post and think they have posted their timeline, but they don't know that most people don't scroll pages from its grave to see a particular timeline of a particular member. But if one would add his/her timeline on sigature, then it will appear on each post of that member. Also, it's important to put the district office or state one lives in so that members could get a best idea of their cases in that particular jurisdiction.