Approx timeline for Paroll approval?

subbu55

Registered Users (C)
I am applying for my mothers AOS. She may have to leave the country before her approval comes in.
How long does it take to get paroll approval from the time we file the application?

Thanks

it is called advance paroLE.

It should be approved within 90 days from the receipt date on the notice of action. Sometimes a lot faster than that. You could get the processing expedited, but it depends on the reason for her needing to travel?

If your mom leaves the USA without an APPROVED advance parole (before it is approved, if you want to be technical), her AOS will be deemed abandoned and it will be denied. She will not be able to re-enter the USA with any previous visitor visa she used.

After getting the AP, if you leabve the country and come back... what status would you be admitted on?... does it have a duration?
I am thinking about visiting a friend in canada, and was told that when entering the USA back I ll have a paroled stamp valid for a certain period of time... does anyone know what exactly happens?!

After getting the AP, if you leabve the country and come back... what status would you be admitted on?... does it have a duration?
I am thinking about visiting a friend in canada, and was told that when entering the USA back I ll have a paroled stamp valid for a certain period of time... does anyone know what exactly happens?!

You fill out an I-94 and it is stamped with the "Parole" stamp... valid for up to 1 year, or when your AOS is finished... whatever comes first...

You fill out an I-94 and it is stamped with the "Parole" stamp... valid for up to 1 year, or when your AOS is finished... whatever comes first...

OK ,well just out of curiosity, what if the AOS takes longer than the 1 year. does that mean I will out of status after the duration of the parole?!

No.

You just re-apply for advance parole before your current one expires. I got my AP in about 65 to 70 days. You need to file I-131 to apply for AP.

You just re-apply for advance parole before your current one expires. I got my AP in about 65 to 70 days. You need to file I-131 to apply for AP.

Well what i am actually asking about is with the stamp of being paroled for one year, and the one year is expiring, what will be my status?... not asking about eligibility to travel outside the USA, only the status on which I would be on inside the USA. Thanks.

anyone knows?!

Well what i am actually asking about is with the stamp of being paroled for one year, and the one year is expiring, what will be my status?... not asking about eligibility to travel outside the USA, only the status on which I would be on inside the USA. Thanks.

Read my answer again...

I said the stamp is valid for 1 year OR until your AOS is completed.

Read my answer again...

I said the stamp is valid for 1 year OR until your AOS is completed.

AS much as I would like to thank you for the quick response everytime Praetorian, I am afraid this is not all I was asking for.
the question I have now is what happens after the one year of parole ends, if at the same time I didn't have the AOS.
at that time would I have to apply for anything or submit anything to renew the Parole time?!

thanks in advance.

AS much as I would like to thank you for the quick response everytime Praetorian, I am afraid this is not all I was asking for.
the question I have now is what happens after the one year of parole ends, if at the same time I didn't have the AOS.
at that time would I have to apply for anything or submit anything to renew the Parole time?!

thanks in advance.

READ MY ANSWER...

The parolee stamp is valid for ONE (1) year... BUT if the AOS process is not completed (pending) within that year, then you would still be fine... you may renew your AP and re-enter, you may just stay as "AOS pending", either way you will be fine... you are allowed to stay in the USA until your AOS is approved or denied.

READ MY ANSWER...

The parolee stamp is valid for ONE (1) year... BUT if the AOS process is not completed (pending) within that year, then you would still be fine... you may renew your AP and re-enter, you may just stay as "AOS pending", either way you will be fine... you are allowed to stay in the USA until your AOS is approved or denied.

Man,
sounds like I am being yelled at.
Well I think it might have been a miscomunication.
I thought you said what ever comes first.
and that it was valid for 1 year.meaning after the 1 year it was not valid anymore.
I tend to want to believe that you mean it is valid till AOS wheather that is before or after the 1 year.
but again I scare to believe that it is valid for 1 year /unless AOS happens (before) the 1 year.

Man,
sounds like I am being yelled at.
Well I think it might have been a miscomunication.
I thought you said what ever comes first.
and that it was valid for 1 year.meaning after the 1 year it was not valid anymore.
I tend to want to believe that you mean it is valid till AOS wheather that is before or after the 1 year.
but again I scare to believe that it is valid for 1 year /unless AOS happens (before) the 1 year.

Sorry I had a long day at work :p I did not mean to yell :eek:

Sorry I had a long day at work :p I did not mean to yell :eek:

Its all good my friend,
Yet I seem to remain with a little buzzled mind, is it what ever comes First, or whatever comes Last?. :confused:

I can wait for the answer up to 12 months from today, if today is not a good day for you.!... Just kidding.
By the way I do appreciate you are trying to offer help.