Approved!

babybunny

Registered Users (C)
Our original intervew was set last 7/6 but due to some stupid reason on our part why we can't get inside the fed building, we had to resched. enough about that.

Our new interivew sched was set yesterday at 8:15am. We were already outside the fed building, waiting for our lawyer. We both decided, we'd want to have our lawyer present for the interview just on the safe side. I was panicking thinking that the laywer might have slept in or might have forgotten our interview ---- I was holding on to my husband's hand tightly the whole time. I hate waiting!

Anyway, by 8:00am, I was our lawyer crossing the street. And then we got inside the building, and then we turned in the Interview Letter. We had to wait for maybe 15 minutes before he called us in. I was praying that we get to a nice interviewer --- if there's indeed one.

So the Officer called us in. And asked us to stand up and had us sworn that we're not lying and stuff and that blah-blah-blah. I was dumbfolded because I didn't know whether to answer, I do or I swore. I just followed my husband after he said, I swore --- or did he say I do? I can't remember.

The Officer turned to me, asked me for my name. Asked for my address. Asked for when my birthday is. He asked my husband when his birthday is. Then he asked me my mother's name and my father's name. And where they live. And then he asked for our phone number. Simple questions stated on the application. Then he asked the standard questions on the Adjustment Status Application if I've ever been part of a terrorist group blah-blah-blah.

Then he asked my husband how we met, when we met --- whom which he answered that we met through our parents as they were childhood friends. All the time my husband was answering his questions, the Officer was removing my i-94 from my passport and he was browsing through my passports (i had 2: the expired passport with my b2 US visa and my current passport). He was looking through them and through the various stamps of entry realized that I frequent the US (this is probably my 5th ot 6th visit here). He asked me what had happened next after we met. I told him I had to go home. And the year after, came back to the US and went back home. And then I came back again this year and he proposed and we got married. He asked us when we thought of marriage. My husband told him that he proposed a month after I came here as he didn't want to be apart from me anymore. Around this time, the officer smiled which made me smiled. And i squeezed my husbands hand.

He asked if we're staying at anybody's house to which my husband answered that we're staying at his parents house as they took us in.

He asked us whether we have anything to show him. When our lawyer asked if we had anything lacking in our application, the officer asked we had everything but he just wanted to see if we have like leases or bank accounts but he kinda said we probably don't have anything given that I don't have my SSN yet. I answered that actually, we were able to open an account together. He asked to see the bank statements which I happily handed him.

That's it. He stamped my passport and endorsed my temprary working permit. Said that I should expect the green card to come in the mail soon.

No leases [which we don't have since my in-laws took us in],
No utility/phone bills/insurance asked [again since we're living with our in-laws all bills are under their name]
No photos or letters asked

He didn't even asked for original birth certifications, marriage certifications or ITRs or w2.

The only thing we had to bring our of our bags were our IDs [I had my passport, he had his driver's license] and the bank statements.

We're so elated! My in-laws and my parents --- who came to the itnerview with us to show their support were all smiling when they saw us smiling when we got out.

My advice: it's never a bad thing if you come overprepared. I came to the interview with two albums of pictures, with third party mails, with affidavits from our parents stating the marriage is real, with letters from friends and letters between us, his employment letter. We even had my in law's affidavit of support and employment letter and w2 and itrs just in case the officers tell us my husband can't support me well.

I'm just happy if over. Well, at least for the next couple of years, it is. Until we have to have the conditional status lifted up. :) We can sleep better now.

Congrats, I did the same thing by over preparing for the interview. I was kinda disapointed when the USCIS officer didn't ask me for more info. I was ready and waiting for loads of questions, and he hardly asked any.

Nice to know you don't have to bother with them for another 2 years isn't it? =o)

I know! My mother in law was asking me earlier how it feels like that we have everything all set, I told her, it feels wonderful. Everything's the same, yet it feels wonderful. My husband and I can sleep soundly now and enjoy our time together more without fear.