Approved in Tampa today!!!!

RareGold

Registered Users (C)
Dear everyone! I am approved and got the stamp in my passport!

First of all special thanks to my dear Jane Green who supported me all these months. I also want to say many thanks to Ari4u , Cherr and all of you who helped me to be prepared for this event.
Here is my about 1o minutes interview experience.

We were inside the building around 12.3o, my interview was at 1 p.m. Waiting to be called an elderly man came out calling an other couple. Right there he asked to be followed just by the US citizen, they were separated right there....hm....wasn’t the best begining.....

We were called earlier then 1 p.m by a tall, middle-age male, we sworn in, than he asked for DL. We sat down, he looked at our file and began to check the dates, like our names and address. Than he asked for our passport, he took immediately my I-94.
He continued to look at the files, asked me if I was ever married (no), checked the submitted divorce degrees for my husband, then asked me all those questions from I-485, which I answered no. All the time he said „ very good, very nice, ok, ok”.
Suddenly he said a word in my citizenship language, which is not my mother tongue, I replied to him and he said when he was in that country and what food he liked there. He also noticed that we, husband and me have the same nationality.

I was with all those huge folders there and can you believe it, nothing, but nothing was asked for proof of our marriage. The only think which he asked it was the 2005 tax return, and that’s it!!!!!

I still can’t believe it: I had evertyhing, joint bills, joint debit card, checkbook,joint credit cars, titles of cars, cars insurance, home insurance, purchases together, corespondence received, new affidavid, employer letter, photo album, trips, tickets whatever you can imagine and NOTHING WAS ASKED. He looked at my folders he said how nice I organized everything, but he has no time to look at them, he is already very satisfied and going to approve me right now. He took his stamp and by mistake stamped DENIED, we all laughed about and than painted it immediately.

Checked his computer, everything was fine with background and FBI.

Took my passport, checked if is valid, and stamped it, explained that this is a conditonal one and when I have to fill for unconditional. He also give us two papers, one with the result of the interview, and one with what I have to do after 1 year and 9 months. He said in two months I will get my green card, this is what he has to say, but I will receive earlier.

I think this was the most easiest interview ever. Being so worried because I married in less than one month after arrival, went home, came again, and filled after, I think that this was the nicest officer ever.
I am done, I still can’t believe it....maybe after some days I will realize that I am done with USCIS for a while.

One more thing: I asked him if he needs my EAD and AP, he said „ oh yes, sure I must take that, thak you for your help, you don’t need it anymore”.

I also checked the online status, still the same message „Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received.....” I think it will change in the next days, right?

I will stay around this forum...if I can help anyone, please fell free to contact me.

Thank you for being with me. God bless you all and good luck!

RareGold

How awesome! I've been following your posts and I am so glad everything went just fine. Congrats!

Congratulations to you, my dear friend! :)
Enjoy your new freedom!
Jane

P.S. your on-line status will change soon, give them day or two, but the important thing now is to watch you mail for that “Welcome notice” and GC afterwards. ;) :D
They told me the same thing – green card in two months, but I got it after three weeks and my son – after just one week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay!!! Time to celebrate! Congratulations... Im happy for you :)

How about updating your signature now to reflect you got approved? :cool:

Thank you my dear Jane, Cherr, Lakelady! Thank you so much for your best wishes!
Your're right a-usc, I update my signature! :)

wooohooo.... you made it :) :)... See... i told you :)
Congratulations!!!!

I was thinking the other day... so many of us got approved around the same time and quite a lot of us got conditional GC. So when time comes to file our I-751, it would be like a big group preparing for the finals :D

Congrats Raregold !!!!! Welcome to the GC Club :D , hahaha... Enjoy your new status !!!

Ema.

ari4u said:
wooohooo.... you made it :) :)... See... i told you :)
Congratulations!!!!

I was thinking the other day... so many of us got approved around the same time and quite a lot of us got conditional GC. So when time comes to file our I-751, it would be like a big group preparing for the finals :D

Thank you ari4u! You were such a great help! No way to be asked about misrepresentation :) And no red flags because married "so soon" .
Yes, we will be together again about 1 year and 9 month.Thank you again for all your help.

RareGold said:
Yes, we will be together again about 1 year and 9 month.Thank you again for all your help.

Congratulation :)

And before the end of the 3 years period, we'll see you in the Citizenship forum ;)

...and after that, maybe here again, preparing to sponsor your relatives and remembering the good old times :)

P.S. This is funny, I used to think that Citizenship is the final destination, but in fact, this forum is the last one :D

Many of us, like Publicus, Anahit, Jenimmi, Abby, myself and many others, were "colleagues" in the Citizenship forum, and now, here we are :D

Maybe we will end up again in the Citizenship, when our relatives (spouses for some, parents for others) will be ready for Naturalization :confused:

...then the Citizenship is the final destination ;) ...remember the dilemma: "what was first, the egg or the chicken?"

Update:

The same scenario with online message:
I-130 approved...mailed
I-485 can't be find in system

All those good news which I already read on this forum :)

congrats!

Congrats RareGold!!! :D

I am so happy for you! My Interview is next Thursday in Orlando. I am so excited! I can't wait anymore! I applied over 2 years ago.

Congrats to ema too!!! :D

Again.. I am so happy for you guys!!

I will keep everybody postet about my interview on March 16th!!

fanta1 said:
Congrats to ema too!!! :D

Again.. I am so happy for you guys!!

Thanks Fanta !!!
Good luck to you for your interview. Don't stress and keep us posted ;) .

Ema.

CONGRATULATION!!! :)

We are so happy for you!

I just submitted my application this morning and pray that in a few months we will be able to sing the same song as you.

Fanta, Temmy...thank you :)

I completely understand your anxious suspense, but everything will be fain,you will see. Good luck and we are waiting for good news from you.

Update

After the 9 th March interview, today I get an update:

"On March 14, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

My GC is in the way....

:)