Approved Finally

feel_good

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
My I-485 is approved finally and I got the magic mails today(07/16/2007) morning. I got one mail each for me and my wife. (I was expecting 3 mails for each).

Current Status: Card production ordered.
On July 14, 2007, we ordered production of your new card.

This forum is really great and it helped me to navigate through this whole process. Thank you Mr.Khanna for keeping this site and the folks who contribute to the forums.

I used to be active in these forums during 2005 but later went into a shell. I created this new ID to share my information again.

Here is my brief story.

In June 2007, when the PD became current, I called TSC using POJ method and found that my name check is pending. (Probably the reason why I was not approved in early 2005 with other folks who had similar dates as mine. During those days we used to predict approvals based on FP Dates and RDs)
I took an infopass in June and confirmed that the name check is pending. I wrote letters Congressman, senators and FL.
In the last 2 weeks when I saw many approvals, I again took an infopass on 07/12 and a friendly IO made some calls while I was there and told me that my Name Check is clear but some other security checks are pending (???) and my case is not even assigned a visa number and the USCIS exhausted all numbers. I know from the earler infopass, my all other checks are complete except for the name check and I was thinking that the other security checks are nothing but Name Check and she didn't know the difference. She sent a mail to TSC asking them to send an explanation about the delay.

Mean while, I got a letter from our Congressman saying the USCIS is going to look into my case. I was skeptic about it and wowed myself not to think about the GC till October. Out of blue I saw the mails from CRIS today morning.

I think, inquiry from my Congressman office did the trick in helping clear my NC. I am planning to thank them appropriately.

Thanks again every body and wish you GOOD LUCK for quick approvals.

Folks,
My I-485 is approved finally and I got the magic mails today(07/16/2007) morning. I got one mail each for me and my wife. (I was expecting 3 mails for each).

Current Status: Card production ordered.
On July 14, 2007, we ordered production of your new card.

This forum is really great and it helped me to navigate through this whole process. Thank you Mr.Khanna for keeping this site and the folks who contribute to the forums.

I used to be active in these forums during 2005 but later went into a shell. I created this new ID to share my information again.

Here is my brief story.

In June 2007, when the PD became current, I called TSC using POJ method and found that my name check is pending. (Probably the reason why I was not approved in early 2005 with other folks who had similar dates as mine. During those days we used to predict approvals based on FP Dates and RDs)
I took an infopass in June and confirmed that the name check is pending. I wrote letters Congressman, senators and FL.
In the last 2 weeks when I saw many approvals, I again took an infopass on 07/12 and a friendly IO made some calls while I was there and told me that my Name Check is clear but some other security checks are pending (???) and my case is not even assigned a visa number and the USCIS exhausted all numbers. I know from the earler infopass, my all other checks are complete except for the name check and I was thinking that the other security checks are nothing but Name Check and she didn't know the difference. She sent a mail to TSC asking them to send an explanation about the delay.

Mean while, I got a letter from our Congressman saying the USCIS is going to look into my case. I was skeptic about it and wowed myself not to think about the GC till October. Out of blue I saw the mails from CRIS today morning.

I think, inquiry from my Congressman office did the trick in helping clear my NC. I am planning to thank them appropriately.

Thanks again every body and wish you GOOD LUCK for quick approvals.

congrats and enjoy the freedom....could you please give me the format of the letter that you mailed to the senator?

Last edited by a moderator: