APPROVED FINALLY....I think

Thank you so much! Happy holidays!
btw, I faxed both the congresswoman and the senator yesterday...
EricNeesGC said:
Thank you Brenglen, pianoplayer, dr_lha, NikaDV2007, Hiddendragon38, tangohi, Al Southner, Jewel12, amishah, tapskap, imcaffeine and imhopeful. It was surely friends like you and many others who helped me find all the information needed to point me to correct people and write letters to them. I hope all of you get your names cleared soon.

imcaffeine, I am sorry, I do not have First Lady's office or fax number but her address is

First Lady Laura Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

You can get the general number for White House from 411 and ask them to direct your call to her office. Obviously, you won't get her on the phone but someone in her office will direct you to the right person.

Another victory...
CONGRATULATIONS, Eric. :)
Very happy for you. Enjoy... until you would need to deal with CIS again... :D
... Hopefully, the citizenship process will be smooth for you. ;)
Best wishes to you and to your family this holiday season!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Eri, you have been here for QUITE awhile huh? Yeez, congrats dear!

Take care and congrats again...NOW surely you can celebrate!! Best time of the year!

Good luck
Cherr

Eric, CONGRATULATIONS!! Thats the first time I've heard of writing to Laura Bush. I suspect she will be swamped with our letters from now on :)

Overall the FBI says in their literature that contacting representatives, ombudsmen, FOIPA will have no effect on speeding up your application. However it will all be ammunition if you file WoM and go to court as the judge will want to see that you have been doing everything possible before resorting to suing. Also, who knows, it only takes one person to take enough notice of one of your letters to get some movement so the more letters we write to the more people the more chance we have of getting a result.

Jim

just an update:
I just faxed a letter to the First Lady's office. (by using the general fax number provided on their website).
I'm gradually building up my case. I'll wait for a month or two for responses, and then file WOM early next year. Wish me luck guys!

Thanks anahit, cherr1980, jimothy. It is indeed the best year of my life. Some of you already know this but I want to say it again...I am going to be a daddy either by the end of this month or early next month. In either case, these have been the best few days of my life in the US.

imcaffeine said:
just an update:
I just faxed a letter to the First Lady's office. (by using the general fax number provided on their website).
I'm gradually building up my case. I'll wait for a month or two for responses, and then file WOM early next year. Wish me luck guys!
imcaffeine,

I'll suggest to write to her and mail the letter with signature confirmation. That way, you will have proof that you have tried to contact her.

Eirc

EricNeesGC said:
imcaffeine,

I'll suggest to write to her and mail the letter with signature confirmation. That way, you will have proof that you have tried to contact her.

Eirc
Thank you! will do.
congratulations to fatherhood, too! Best of luck!

Eric Nees GC
Please clarify the following:

Did you send the letter to Laura Bush by ordinary mail of confirmation mail. I thought they do not accept confirmation mail and only accept first class mail
When was your name check submitted - Dec 04 or Nov 06 as your iniital post mentioned dec 04 and letter from fbi nov 06, kindly clarify.
CongRats on being a daddy- great feeling.

tangohi said:
Eric Nees GC
Please clarify the following:

Did you send the letter to Laura Bush by ordinary mail of confirmation mail. I thought they do not accept confirmation mail and only accept first class mail
When was your name check submitted - Dec 04 or Nov 06 as your iniital post mentioned dec 04 and letter from fbi nov 06, kindly clarify.
CongRats on being a daddy- great feeling.
tangohi,

I mailed my letter to Laura Bush through USPS with signature confirmation (the green post card they paste on the back of your mail). It is automatically upgraded to first class mail and costs around $4.00. Usually you get the green post card back in the mail in about 1 week but since I did not get anything from her office for about a month, I assumed they did not sign confirmations. However, after about a month, I received the card in my mail box. It was in pretty bad condition...seemed like it had traveled the world around but it did have a RECEIVED stamp from the White House.

My name check was submitted to FBI on December 9th 2004. My FP was submitted to FBI on December 1 and was cleared in 24 hours. USCIS updated my case status on December 4th that the fingerprint results were received and processing of my case has resumed. That's it. There was nothing done on November 6th.

I assume you know the difference between FP and Name Check. If not, these are 2 separate checks that FBI runs. FP checks your criminal background and is done electronically. It is mostly your FOIPA records. Name Check on the other hand is an extensive search on your name against terrorist list.

Eric

I just checked my online status and noticed that LUD was changed to 12/05/2006 but case status is still the same. Seems like someone touched my file. I hope they have mailed the card :)

Eric

USCIS is on the roll...I got 3 more emails from them with the following content.

*******************EMAIL STARTS HERE**********************
*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSC000000000

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 5, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please
allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from
you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call
customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we
process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at
www.uscis.gov under Case Status & Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

*********************EMAIL ENDS HERE****************

On a lighter note, I changed my homeowner's insurance from All State to America First. I got an email from them with a subject "Welcome to America First Insurance Company". However, the way my email is setup, it only showed "Welcome to America ...." as the subject line.

Well...I was jumping up and down until I finally realized that it was an email from my insurance company not from USCIS. Thank God for the other 3 emails or I would have been really upset :)

Hey People,

I believe contacting Laura Bush was helpful.
I am planning to write her about my case.
Atleast,I will get a confirmation that my case is with the FBI.

Is it too early to do this?
Would it harm my case in any ways?
Advice,

Thanks,

EricNeesGC said:
I have attached a Privacy Release Form incase your office needs access to my records with FBI or USCIS. If you need any more information, please feel free to call me at (000) 000-0000 or email me at email@anywhere.com

Thank you in advance for your help.

Where can I find Privacy Release Form?