Approved: AOS through marriage from TN

cdnchris

Registered Users (C)
Went to the interview today and I was approved right there.

The interview was quite painless. We went with a big box of stuff (A LOT OF STUFF) and he didn't really look at much.

Anyways, we got there a half hour early and were called in 5 minutes early. He made us swear in and all that then started asking my wife questions. He was actually much harder with the questions on my wife. He asked her when my birthday was, when we met, how we met and other questions about our history. He asked about her job, then my job and how much we made. That was pretty much it for the questions for me, other than he asked for my address (I'm guessing to make sure it's the same as my wife's).

He then looked through our wedding photos. We brought a lot and he went through them all. He asked us to identify various people, asked us about the wedding, where it was, how many people and so on. He looked through them for a bit.

He then went through our evidence. He took our lease agreement, insurance forms and such just to add to the file. He then started asking me the standard questions ("You ever been arrested?" "You ever been in jail?" "Are you a terrorist?" etc.) He then went through the forms and made notes. He then mentioned he was going to check my background check. Then it was silent for a bit as he looked through my file. Then he said he was going to approve my application and mentioned since I've been married more than 3 years I wouldn't be getting a conditional card and can expect the card in two weeks. We shook hands and that was it. If it was 20-minutes I'd be surprised.

The interviewer was nice. He had a sense of humour, and smiled when he asked me the "Are you a terrorist?" question. He didn't take my EAD or my I-94, but I asked him if he needed it back. He told me with Canadians they don't usually care but took the I-94 back from me anyways and stapled it to my file.

And that was that.

Congratulation I Like To Hear Good News. What Service Center Your Form Was .why Guessing Your Address You Don't Live With Your Wife

I meant I'm guessing he asked me what my address was just to make sure my wife and I live together. We do live together. He just sort of asked me out of left-field what my address was and then looked like he was making sure it was the same as what my wife put on the I-130.

I sent my applications into MSC, but my local office was Seattle.

Congratulations

Chris,

Congratulations... :) We enjoy people being approved, because they deserve to be approved....You should be able to apply for your naturalization very soon, because you have been married your US spouse for a period of three years.... ;)

Congratulations....

Al Southner said:
You should be able to apply for your naturalization very soon, because you have been married your US spouse for a period of three years.... ;)

It's three years (2 yrs 9 months) since you became a permanent resident, not since you got married to a USC.

Al Southner said:
Chris,

Congratulations... :) We enjoy people being approved, because they deserve to be approved....You should be able to apply for your naturalization very soon, because you have been married your US spouse for a period of three years.... ;)

Congratulations....

Hi:

The OP can apply for citizenship 90 days before the 3rd anniversary of being a PR. Since he just became a PR, I am not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Now I have to ask should there be any LUD after the interview? Figured I would have received one (or a new message saying I've been approved) but haven't. It's only been a few days, but I guess I'm just waiting for some physical representation that this all over with.