Approved after 4 painful years

eeshwar

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
my I485 has been approved and also my wife's I485. The whole thing took 4 years and very painful. I do not think anything should be this long. I hope everybody gets their GC approval soon.

Mine is a strait forward case. I graduated from a graduate school in 1999 and joined my company and have been with this my employer since day 1. I had to deal with an inexperienced lawyer who delayed my I 485 filing by 3 months. I got RFE for EVL, Birth Affidavits and copy of my I 20 showing that I was eligible for internships during my school years. USCIS received my RFE on March 4 th and got approved yesterday, March 29 th.

I thank you all for giving the necessary information whenever I needed. I also thank Rajiv Khanna for making this forum happen. I hope everybody gets their GC sooner than expected.

I know that many people have asked questions when they can change jobs after I 485 approval and lot of people replied saying that if there is valid reason then people can change their jobs. Can anybody give me some valid reasons to change job.

Moving to a city where spouse is working a valid reason? Please reply.

Congratulation eeshwar. Since I myself spent 4 years in this process, I can imagine what kind of pain and frustation one goes through in this time. Good luck for future.

Congratulation!
My one took five years since big company wouldn't do RIR. Two years in Local DOL, one and half years in Chicago DOL and one and half year for I-140/485. But you know what? I am the one of the luckiest one in the whole company GC applicants. Most of them are still waiting for LCA approval!!! 5+ years for labor since DOL stopped processing Regular cases three years ago. Like you said, let us wish them lucky and the best for their unfinished painful journal.

I know that many people have asked questions when they can change jobs after I 485 approval and lot of people replied saying that if there is valid reason then people can change their jobs.

Can anybody list the valid reasons to change the Job after I 485 approval.

Moving to a city where spouse is working is a valid reason?

Gurus please reply