Applying Naturlization certificate after receving passport for child

nilpil

Hi All,

I received citizenship 8 months back. My kid 10 yrs old also have received the citizenship through me. we now have US passports, but wanted to apply naturalization certificate for my kid. I had submitted his green card for Passport, so now I don’t have his green card.

My question is

1. Should I apply for Naturalizations certificate for my kid

2. If yes, what documentation I should submit?

Thanks in advance.

You can't apply for a Certificate of Naturalization for him -- you can only apply for a Certificate of Citizenship for him.

In my opinion applying for a Certificate of Citizenship for him is a big waste of money and time.

If you apply, submit the receipt from the Department of State that they kept his green card.

Hi newacct, Thanks for the response. Could you please let me know why do you think Certificate of Citizenship is waste of Money?

It costs $600 (will go up to $1170 on Dec 23), and it doesn't serve any purpose that a US passport doesn't already serve as.

It costs $600 (will go up to $1170 on Dec 23), and it doesn't serve any purpose that a US passport doesn't already serve as.

wow $1170 from $600 it's time for some of us to rethink this CoC thing,
I'd get the kids passports and give them the option of getting their own CoC when they get a job.