Applying for SC and OCI together, Please Help

jainsach

Registered Users (C)
The fee for OCI is $290. Is the fee for Surrender certificate $178 or $190 ($12 charged by travisa). Can I mail one money order or it has to be two separate money order. Thanks

If you apply together then:
OCI Fee = $290.00
Renunciation Fee = $178.00
Travisa Processing Fee = $12.00 (Since it will be processed together, hence $12.00)
Try to make 3 Money Orders to avoid confusion, in my opinion. You can do together too, but I don't know how that will be processed.

If you apply for OCI itself:
OCI Fee = $290.00
Travisa Fee = $12.00

If you apply for SC itself:
SC Fee= $178.00
Travisa Fee=$12.00

Last edited by a moderator:
You can mail just one money order. I have applied for my SC + OCI last month, and provided just one money order.

Before you get the process going, read this first: indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/oci/display-requirements

Complete the OCI Online Application Form on MHA website.

After you have completed the OCI Online Application, then complete the online Order form on Travisa's website. It will provide a detailed checklist and instructions, along with the amount for which you need to provide the money order for.

278+178+12=468
not 175 as there was a $3.00 increase a few weeks ago to the consular services. OCI and SC are consular services... $12.00 is the Travisa service so no increase there...

wait... when did you print the order form.
this is what it shows on the SC fee
Service Type Consular Fee Service Fee Total Fee
Naturalized after May 31, 2010 $178.00 $12.00 $190.00

And for OCI
OCI Service Type Consular Fee Service Fee Total Fee
New OCI Card (Adult) $278.00 $12.00 $290.00

Service Fee of $12.00 could be combined, hence $178.00 + $278.00 + $12.00 = Total
If you printed your Order form before April 14th (or somewhere around that) then the service fee was $3.00 less.
I'd suggest printing another order form to avoid the $3.00 confusion. At least that way your application won't be on hold for missing funds or in worst case returned back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
That should be correct then. BTW, based on other people's experience if possible go and drop the application in person. If you mail it they can take anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks to open your mail.

Can you drop the application in person because in the instruction it tells you that OCI application can only be mailed. Thanks

@jainsach, yes you can drop the application in person. If I were you, I'd make another money order with just $3.00 on it. You never know when Travisa may say that you're missing $3.00 ... As they do not accept cash in any form. It's better to be safe than sorry. I've had BAD experience with Travisa and I'd hate to see you drive there and stay in line to find out you're missing $3.00 ... (that's just my opinion)

I dropped my OCI application in person on 14th April and they accepted it.

Thanks. I will take my application in person.

I was reading on the travisa website that "You will be asked to power off your cell phone and put it away. All battery operated or electronic gadgets such as digital diaries, pagers, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, palmtops or portable music players."

Do they take your cell phone and ipod and return it on the way back.

No, as long as your phone is on silent/vibrate mode they don't care. There's people who still have their phone at the loudest setting possible and answer the phone in the building even though there's signs posting everywhere no cell phones.
In case you need to take an emergency call, these people allow you to step outside the office and you can talk in the hallway. They don't take anything.
Please make sure you arrive 10 minutes early as the line for OCI can get packed pretty quick on certain days. The guy who accepts the OCI paperwork easily takes 20-30 minutes on one person to verify the documents. Ladies working there try to find even a slight bit of paperwork that's missing from your file so they can charge you $2.00 fee for making copies.
Good Luck!
Park at the Garage... be careful with the street parking. There's signs with size 10 font stating the NO PARKING ZONE hours. Besides it's $3.00 (or more) to park at a parking meter for an hour. They always have 3-4 tow trucks parked on the side of the road during the rush hours who're looking to make money.

is the fee $465 or 468?

Folks,

I am applying for OCI + renunciation through Travisa SF. My order form shows the total fee as $465 (278 + 175 + 12). As others have pointed out, just renouncing takes $178 + 12.

Has anyone successfully applied through Travisa SF with a fee of $465? Or should I send $468?

Thanks!

Ajit

@Jainsach: Hi. Did you use one money order for the combined fees or separate ones? Please let me know if there is any problem with using a single money order for Renun+oci.
Thanks.

kungfupanda. they don't care if you use one money order or separate ones. the total amount has to be 465 on either one or combined.