Applying for J1 when H4 is due. Pls help

Loveforhumanity

Dear Frnds at this forum,

I am on H4 since 2008 after giving up a 3+ years of Biotech job and now that I have been offered a J1 Trianee visa on a project at YALE university . I am in dilemma---

1. It seems like a risk that I go back to my home country and apply for a J visa, which ceratinly has a 2 year Home residency, as that of I know. Considering the skill set and my background. But its a Yale offer and do not wish to lose a chance to work/study legally.

Pls suggest me anyone who has been through this similarly? I mean what type of questions to expect at embassy.

2. My H4 extension is valid till sept 2010. My husband will file his H1B first extension in next month. If approved and I come back from my home country with a J1, will I be eligible for an H4 extension? this is what the J sponsoring organisation tells me that I can still have an H4 visa simlutaneously?
When does my husband file an extension for me in this case?

3. If I am correct to my knwoledge, I cannot move ack to an H4 after an unsucessful attempt at a J1 waiver on my expired J1 visa, right? I am from India and have no good information about difficulty in getting a waiver in my type of cases. Pls suggest as I am in a crunch to deny or accept such a assistanship. You help will be really valuable to me.

Thanks a lot,