Applying for F1 visa; Already studied in US; Arrest record

the_game44

Hi I have a question about obtaining F1 visa again after taking a break from school. I am a junior in college, halfway through my junior year.

I have lived in the US since I was 9 years old and was on my fathers work visa until I turned 21. Around that time I got F1 visa to study.

I was doing undergraduate studies and I received my F1 visa while I was still in the US. I remember when I asked for a visa the time before that, and I was at the embassy, they knew I had been arrested for
possession of marijuana, and even though I had a Medical Marijuana card in California, I was stuck in my country for over 6 months doing a myriad of health and psychiatric examinations until I was finally granted it.

So while doing my degree I had a few run ins with the police which resulted in 4 arrests that would be on record. 2 times there were no charges, and 2 times there were and I did programs and probation. None of this is on my record as it was removed due to me completing the DEJ program. But obviously the embassy will see all of these arrests regardless if it is a conviction or not. Also I had no problems while I was in the US, but due to getting sick, I took a break from school and went back to my country, and now I am trying to re-enter. Both arrests were drug related, one for heroin(very small amount half gram) and prescription pills, and the other for just prescription pills. I was charged with drug possession not heroin but it does say heroin found in the paperwork. This is giving me the biggest anxiety as I would have felt a lot more comfortable with explaining prescription medication, which I later had a prescription for.

So as my probation will be over in about 2 months I want to go back and finish my degree. What steps would I need to take now and does anyone have experience or heard of a similar situation?

Thanks