Applying for Citizenship

forumsub

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Can some one answer my question please?

- I got my GC in May 08 2008. When can I apply for citizenship?
- I have a son who is 13 years. Do I need to apply separately for him?

Thanks

(1) You can apply within 90 days range from May 08 2013, which is Feb 07,2013. In order not to cause a boderly situation, I suggest
you start applying on Feb 09, 2013.

(2) If your son has a GC and live here, he will automatically become a citizen when you take oath. The rest is just paper work
(N-600 +passport)

(1) You can apply within 90 days range from May 08 2013, which is Feb 07,2013. In order not to cause a boderly situation, I suggest
you start applying on Feb 09, 2013.

(2) If your son has a GC and live here, he will automatically become a citizen when you take oath. The rest is just paper work
(N-600 +passport)

Thanks for the reply. Yes he has a GC and he lives here with me. Also If I wanted to change his name when and how can I do that.

Thanks for the reply. Yes he has a GC and he lives here with me. Also If I wanted to change his name when and how can I do that.

Since he himseld does not need to go rthu natualization process where name can be officially change , I think his name change
is a different legal process that has nothing to do with his citizenship. You can just do it seperately

Since he himseld does not need to go rthu natualization process where name can be officially change , I think his name change
is a different legal process that has nothing to do with his citizenship. You can just do it seperately

Hi

I just started preparing for filing N-400. Have few questions:
1. My son is over 18 years of age, I guess I need to file separate application for him as well, right?
2. Can I mail all 3 forms (myself, wife and son of age 18+) in one packet? or separately
3. Fees to be by $680 x 3 OR just one check of $680 for the family?
4. For my child who is less than 18, can I file N-600 along with our application for citizenship?

Appreicate your reply, thanks in advnce

Last edited by a moderator:
1 Your son, who is over 18, shoudl file his own application
2 There is an example here in past about husband and wife filing together in one envelop. Not sure about your son. Your son is
grown up now so I think he should file seperately and mail application seperately
3. same as 2
4. You can not. N-600 is for those kids who already become citizens upon their parents being naturalized. It is too early for you.

1 Your son, who is over 18, should file his own application
2 There is an example here in past about husband and wife filing together in one envelop. Not sure about your son. Your son is
grown up now so I think he should file separately and mail application separately
3. same as 2
4. You can not. N-600 is for those kids who already become citizens upon their parents being naturalized. It is too early for you.

Thanks.
Not sure for Question no. 3, did you mean to send one check of $680 for both my wife & myself, can you please clarify.

N-400 at National Benefit Center

Hey Everyone!

Long story short. I applied to US citizenship on August 9th, 2011 and got interviewed on Feb 16th, 2012. However, I passed all the tests and received "Decision can not be made", because I forgot to bring my old/expired passport and the DO wasn't too happy with it. After that, I moved from NYC to buffalo in July and changed my address with USCIS right away.

I received another letter for interview in November 2012 and got interviewed again on Jan 2nd, 2013. However, on my day of interview, the local Buffalo field office DO told me that they did not have my files yet. But she was kind enough to conduct the interview and told me that once they receive my file, they would send me a letter for oath ceremony. She also told me that they requested my file on December 14th, 2012. When I called USCIS today, the representative told me my file is still at NBC and I just have to wait. I am just confused why my file is still at NBC when the buffalo field office made the request of transferring almost 2 months ago? What can I do about it? Thank you!

08/09/2011 N400 sent
10/17/2011 FP taken
02/16/2012 1st interview (decision can't be made)
07/01/2012 Changed address to buffalo
12/14/2012 Buffalo field office requested my file
01/02/2013 2nd interview at Buffalo (no file available)
01/23/2013 Called USCIS and my file is still at NBC?????????