Applying for a green card as an Asylee #2

Galluccio

Registered Users (C)
I was approved by the Immigration Judge to my remain my Asylee status in US. Im going to apply for a green card and a few things is holding me badly. I do not remember all my past 5 years residency addresses. Would it be ok to send my application without knowing past residency. I can remember last 2 and that is it.
Please, advise me how to find out my past address. I've requested my back ground check from my employer and that didn't give me any clear dates. But, it did gave me all my past addresses.

BTW, what does mean Category: C08 on my EAD?- However, EAD is already expired and i got my I94 with stamp on it. Would category will allow me to apply for a green card?

Thank you for helping out.
God Bless all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
was it asylum approval or "withholding or deportation". i think "withholding or deportation" cannot apply for green card.

i know A5 can apply but i am not sure about c8. but i know that if c8 is issued for "withholding or deportation' then you cannot apply for green card.
hopefully it answers, again i am not a lawyer nor i want to sound bad news to you, try to get more information before you apply.

god bless you

Im confused now. When i contacted USCIS over the phone they have told me that i can apply for a green card...
On my work Authorization says Category: C08
and on my i-94 says Asylum status has been approved.

If your i-94 says "Asylum approved", you can apply for GC. As far as previous addresses, if you cannot remember them, maybe you could call your previous landlords and if that is not possible, just attach a separate sheet and explain your situation to USCIS.