apply for tourist visa or entry visa?

sufloyd

Registered Users (C)
I recently got US citizenship but I had Indian passport prior to that. I will be visiting India in December. Do I need to apply for tourist visa or entry visa? I thought tourist visa is the right category but then I read about entry visa and wasn't sure which one to apply for...

Thanks.

The tourist visa is much cheaper and you can get one valid for 10 years. You can only stay in the country for 6 months at a time, I think. The entry visa has a maximum validity of 5 years, but you can stay the whole 5 years if you like. It's more expensive, though. If I were you, I'd get OCI for your lifetime.

The tourist visa is much cheaper and you can get one valid for 10 years. You can only stay in the country for 6 months at a time, I think. The entry visa has a maximum validity of 5 years, but you can stay the whole 5 years if you like. It's more expensive, though. If I were you, I'd get OCI for your lifetime.

Thanks for your reply. I wanted to apply for OCI but I have to visit India in December and wasn't sure if I'd get OCI in time. My plan is to apply for visa + renunciation now and then apply for OCI next year.

So either tourist or entry visa works? Based on recent reading about entry visa, it looks like if you were an Indian national at one point, you can't apply for tourist visa and have to go for entry visa? all very confusing...

Re-Entry Permit After Biometrics

Hi. I just did my biometrics this morning as walk in. My original appointment, 10/11/13. I have a trip to Thailand in November, which is exactly a month away. I'm afraid it will not come in time for my trip. Is it too late to expedite my process? I spoke to the person who took my picture and fingerprint and he told me that I didnt need to expedite bc it will come in time. I have not booked my flight tickets yet bc I am not sure if I will get it in time. What is the fastest anyone recieved their re-entry permit after biometrics appointment?

Also, I will need to get a Thai visa, but I see online that I can apply for one upon arrival. Should I apply for one through the Los Angeles Embassy since that is closer to where I live? But on the visa application, it asks what "type of travel document" I have. I am not a U.S. citizen (have just applied and my application has been accepted). What should I put?